Hey everyone
I am a studnet doing my disseration on the history on industrial music and production techinques used within the genre, was wondering if anyone knew of any good books,websites or dvds on one of those subjects that would be useful,any help would be grateful
cheers luke bastiani
Bollocks, I thought this was going to be on the industrial revolution. In which case I could have helped you big time...Goddamn it, why is nobody else interested in the history of the Industrial Revolution?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Industrial = heavily distorted guitars + dance/break beat drum patterns + synths + more distortion + vocals + more distortion + some freaky looking guys.

And I love Industrial Music!!!!
Wiki is your friend mate...

Look into bands like Ministry, Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, Coil, Dope, Orgy, Marilyn, NIN, Celldweller to name a few Industrial bands...
^^^ not really, sorry man

read into throbbing gristle, the band to coin the name industrial music, it was used to refer to their music which was basically intended to sound like it was made by machines
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Quote by lab-oldno.7
Hey everyone
I am a studnet doing my disseration on the history on industrial music and production techinques used within the genre, was wondering if anyone knew of any good books,websites or dvds on one of those subjects that would be useful,any help would be grateful
cheers luke bastiani

Stud.net? I call shenanigans.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by BadgeMan
^^^ not really, sorry man

read into throbbing gristle, the band to coin the name industrial music, it was used to refer to their music which was basically intended to sound like it was made by machines

I wasn't defining Industrial Music there...

Its just what it sounds to me like.... In general...

I know industrial music was used to refer to music that sounded like machines and had "industrial"/mechanical themes to it...
aah fair enough then, I think he was looking for the origins of the idea though
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Can't really help you, but if you ever need to write a paper on the future of industrial music, just go on my profile.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Last edited by rabidguitarist at Sep 24, 2008,