What's the ideal surfboard for someone 5'4"-5'10"? That's somewhere between my height and how tall I should be by the end of the school year. I want one that I can use as a beginner and use when I get good. Here's a local store's catalog: http://www.waveridingvehicles.com/boards.html .
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
There's like five surfer clubs, but they don't check their messages often.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Get a board at least a foot taller than you are. Get it pretty wide; inshort, get a cross between a longboard and a shortboard. It'll be a little more wobbly when you're first learning, but once you can get up consistently, you'll be able to carve a little. Then you'll want to get a shortboard so you can rip =]

EDIT: It also depends on the size of waves where you are. The bigger the wave is, the less you'll need a super longboard as a beginner (they are more bouyant)

If you go to the shop, they should have at least one knowledgeable salesperson, get their opinion on it. If you've skateboarded or wakeboarded, you'll catch on quickly. If not, it's still really fun.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Last edited by Psalm 150:4 at Sep 24, 2008,
I'd say a minimal somewhere in the 7-8 foot range. But yeah go to your local shop theyu can advise you based on local surf ect
Quote by Dillona
NME: OMFG DEY HAZ TIGHT JEENZ N MESSY HAIRZ!

LETS COVER THEM IN OUR MAGAZINE FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS! .

Metallica 08.07.07
Where do you live? It really depend on what kind of surf you get in your area. If you aren't getting anything bigger than two foot swells then I'm thinking you wouldn't want to go smaller than an 8 footer...especially if your just beginning. Talk to the guys at your local surf shop, they'll be able to help you out more than the people here.
I was looking at funboards, but everyone says they outgrew them quickly. The surf here ranges from nothing to 12 feet. Average being 5 or 6 feet.
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Sep 24, 2008,