So I know that nowadays I can simply download a software where I tap to the rhythm of the song and it tells me the tempo. But how did people find out the tempo of a song back then when there were no computers ?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by MaXiMuse
BPM means beats per minute, so just count.

This.

Sometimes I use a clock but that won't give me an exact number. If I'm trying to get 120 bpm I simply tap twice per second and speed up or slow down according to the speed I'm seeking.
Metronome, highly developed internal metronome (seriously, a lot of classical musicians can guess the tempo within ~ 4 bpm), etc.
Quote by Nightfyre
Metronome, highly developed internal metronome (seriously, a lot of classical musicians can guess the tempo within ~ 4 bpm), etc.

Not even just classical musicians. A lot of people can get it pretty accurate.
Here's the technique I use:

pick a certain amount of time, lets say 12 seconds. Count how many beats there is in that 12 seconds, lets say you counted 27. Times the amount of beats(27 in this case) by whatever number will equal 60 when you times it by your first number(5 and 12 in this case) and that's your bpm.
Quote by MaXiMuse
BPM means beats per minute, so just count. And they invented the metronome so...

Quite smart...
Thanks guys.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||