I'm turning my application in there tomorrow (along with Gamestop and a few other places) but I was just wondering if you liked it and if you felt like a slave. Or would something like Penny's be a better job? (I'm 16)
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
penney's like JCPenney? food always sucks, keep that in mind. people are bitchy and hungry and the pay is usually minimal
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Bitch! Give me a Chicken sandwich and some Waffle Fries!!
You are now blinking manually
Penny's the clothes place is fairly good, my friend worked there for a summer.
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by Keyphur
Bitch! Give me a Chicken sandwich and some Waffle Fries!!

for FREE!
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
dude do you live in florida??

dont work at chikfila if you live in florida!
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Do you live in Gainesville?

I'm looking for a job around here and the only ones available are Chik-Fil-A, and JC Penny's for the most part lol.
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Quote by The Madcap
I never worked in Retail, but I guarantee you:

Working in Retail > The last sh*t I took > Working with Food.

Dunno if I'd agree with that... If you do cashiering then working in fast food is nice and fun! I worked at Five Guys for a while and once you get that register down it's fun! You can do it in your sleep, the menu is easy to remember and you don't have to go anywhere but right where you're standing the whole shift! Also, free food on your lunch breaks (At Five Guys that meant about 9 dollars worth of food everyday)!

Retail, like where I work now (Aeropostale, yes I know it's terribly gay) pays better, but the work is harder. People are pickier, and there's more to remember. Also, folding clothes your entire shift gets annoying and the register is harder because people do alot of strange things, like paying with checks and returning a ton of items. And when it's busy, you don't wanna be there! People destroy the clothes you folded everytime you set them down and they all want help with something! At least in fast food you can control your register, tell people to wait in line, etc.

I'd choose Chickfila. Also, they treat their staff well from what I've heard, and there are good advancement opportunities. You can even buy your own franchise there for only 5,000 bucks!! Good luck anyhow, it's good to see younger people getting jobs and taking responsibility!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
fast food is the worst place. i just quit my mickie D's job. i mean i just walked out in front of everyone cause it was either go quietly or snap and get sued for assault.
To me, Chickfila looks like a cheerier place than most other fast foods.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Yeah, thanks.
I guess I'll apply to both and accept whichever I get a call from..if I get both I'll probably pick JC Penny's. I wish I lived in a bigger city where there was a guitar/music store.

I tried to work there. But I believe that my girlfriend who was working there told the manager about us. I hear its an OK place to work. But I've also heard at the one near me is full with very religious people who talk about going to church and things like that on break. I don't hate religious people, I just have a tendency to get into debates with them.
you should be a lifeguard at a pool or YMCA (indoor pool), thats what i do and its sweet. all summer there was always a good look girl there, every single day i worked. it pays more than a retail store or a fast food place, and its not hard at all, you just have to get certified. i only had to make 1 save all summer long, most people didnt have to make any.
Quote by rtbsmgsmf
you should be a lifeguard at a pool or YMCA (indoor pool), thats what i do and its sweet. all summer there was always a good look girl there, every single day i worked. it pays more than a retail store or a fast food place, and its not hard at all, you just have to get certified. i only had to make 1 save all summer long, most people didnt have to make any.

Yeah I thought about this. Btw I'm a girl =]
Around here it pays minimum wage, the class is $200, and they only hire the really good swimmers who are on the swim team (swimming is really popular around here)
Basically when I found out I'd have to pay $200 and spend 20 hrs. or something in a classroom it turned me away from that.