so pit, ive had about 3 weeks to do a project that involves making a powerpoint and writing a paper, but my partner, has ****ed off the whole time, and while weve gotten the power point done we havent started the paper, and i dont have microsoft word or anything like it on my computer anymore, and his dumb ass is in ashboro watching a show, what should i do pit? can i get Ms word somewhere, or wordperfect or anything really?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Shouldn't you have a program like that on your computer already?
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
http://www.openoffice.org/

Ditch your partner.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by FloyDZeD
Shouldn't you have a program like that on your computer already?

i did a system restore to the beginning and it deleted word, and it came with wordperfect but it was a trial that i didnt buy
Quote by guitardude34875
That's why I steadfastly refuse to do group work.

I usually split off and do a group project on my own. And do better than any other group.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Openoffice sounds like your best bet. Don't forget to save it in a Microsoft format.
Quote by The_Faded_Line
get your partner to help, if not poo on his chest

im gonna break his kneecaps, i actually thought about starting a fight and getting suspended so i would have more time, is the open office thing a giant database of papers people have written? or a word program? or what?
Quote by guitardude34875
Use your email dude...it has spell check and all that fancy shit. That's what I always did in school, cause all I had was word pad which doesn't have spell check or any of that fancy shit.
Its basically a free version of Microsoft Office. It has a program thats essentialy the same for powerpoint, excel, word, all of that.

I use it all the time, basically because you have to pay for Microsoft Office and Open Office is free.
thank you o great and merciful pit, youve helped alot
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by ShredGod George
im gonna break his kneecaps, i actually thought about starting a fight and getting suspended so i would have more time, is the open office thing a giant database of papers people have written? or a word program? or what?

^hahahaha
and open office is a freeware microsoft office basically. but better. comes with powerpoint type stuff and the like
You could use Google Docs if you can't be arsed to install anything.
Quote by athlete1
^hahahaha
and open office is a freeware microsoft office basically. but better. comes with powerpoint type stuff and the like

I'm sorry but it's not better. I've been using it for years, but since Office 07 came pre installed on my laptop, well there's no comparison.
It's worth it, unlike other expensive software (PS etc)
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by purplegreendave
I'm sorry but it's not better. I've been using it for years, but since Office 07 came pre installed on my laptop, well there's no comparison.
It's worth it, unlike other expensive software (PS etc)

PS?
You're saying PS isn't worth it? There's not a program that's even close to PS in many fields, like pictureediting.
OpenOffice is the only way, because it's arguably better than Microsoft Office, free (MS Office costs shitloads) and it doesn't take long to download.
meh
how do i open open office, its just giving me lots of document things,
i downloaded it, opened it, and it had a list of apps i went to writer, and it gave me a
bunch of icons?
opened it, but it says windows cant open the file because it doesnt know where its from
Quote by guitardude34875
Last edited by ShredGod George at Sep 24, 2008,
Maybe in professional fields, but there's never been a time I found Gimp lacking for anything I've ever needed to do.
My friend bought PS and it was a huge mistake.
Quote by purplegreendave
Maybe in professional fields, but there's never been a time I found Gimp lacking for anything I've ever needed to do.
My friend bought PS and it was a huge mistake.

Yeah I guess it depends on what level you're using it on. I've tried both of them and I have to say gimp isn't even close to PS. Plus you can get it for £150 if you're a student in sweden ^.^
Your partner is a tool.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I guess it depends on what level you're using it on. I've tried both of them and I have to say gimp isn't even close to PS. Plus you can get it for £150 if you're a student in sweden ^.^

But I'm not.
I'm a student in Ireland who can't afford to feed themselves.

My friend bought a hot chocolate and a sandwich today to keep him going and it was €7.50.
That's like my day's food allowance, and this was the student café where you'd expect it to be cheap enough!
Quote by Kensai

What specifically can't you do with GIMP that you can do with Photoshop? I'm curious, Kensai, because I use both and have yet to run into an instance where something I can do in Photoshop can't be done in GIMP.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?