Page 1 of 2
Yeah, I couldn't find a thread him. Pretty much my favorite band right now.
Last edited by -O_O- at Sep 25, 2008,
i just got in to him
great songwriter and very good instrumentalist
i listened to "The Shepard's Dog" from start to finish and it was incredible
Creek Drank The Cradle is my favorite album by Sam, but The Shepherd's Dog is a close 2nd. I really like the whole band backing him.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Lucy14785
From such great heights is a great song

Such Great Hights.

It's original by the Postal Service too. An awesome band.
Haven't listened to him in ages but for some reason I often get the opening guitar part of 'Boy with a coin' stuck in my noggin. First couple of albums were really good.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Such Great Hights.

It's original by the Postal Service too. An awesome band.

...I knew that... Postal Service? I'm sure I have a couple of their songs...
I really want to hear his other stuff, but so far I've only listened to 'Naked As We Came'.
He's got a really dreamy voice, kind of reminds me of Jose Gonzalez.

Suggestions on what album should I get first?

a song song song bout how to sing
a song song song about everything
Quote by itsmadeline
I really want to hear his other stuff, but so far I've only listened to 'Naked As We Came'.
He's got a really dreamy voice, kind of reminds me of Jose Gonzalez.

Suggestions on what album should I get first?
The Shepherds Dog is very good.
One of the best musicians out there. He really knows how to make something sound beautiful. His voice is incredible, and his fingerpicking skills are godly. Also, lyrics are epic.
In other words, Great band/person.
Not really a fan.

Plus, OP stole my username
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers
in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The
rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not
raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Boy With a Coin, Wolves (Song of the Shepherd's Dog) and Fever Dream are absolutely fantastic. I feel like such a fool for not looking it up before.

a song song song bout how to sing
a song song song about everything
ah! everything thing that they play beggits either peace or big elaborate beautiful movement in my soul. which is so beyond excepted. i like wingless bird... and boy with a coin make me happy
Our Endless Numbered Days has been one of my favorite albums since it came out.
great artist
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I just know one song of them. Sounds like I need to get some more
He's coming to my hood on Saturday, and I really want to go but it's sold out. My strategy is to show up anyway, and keep my fingers crossed that there's that quintessential guy-who-got-dumped-by-his-girlfriend-and-thus-has-an-extra-ticket-he-wants-to-sell.

We'll see what happens.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Whers dat Rankles ...

Boy With A Coin, Naked As We Came ... brilliant songwriter.
Saw him in Dublin in an indie/metal venue. He rocked the socks of all the kids, but he had an 8 piece band for The Shepherd's Dog tour. A class act.
faded from winter? great song mate.

and our endless numbered days, I'll back that as one of my favorites. But dont get me wrong, The Shepard's dog wowed the hell out of me. Rarely has a band (that I've fallen in love with, with an earlier album) produced something that really rival's that first album. But iron and wine definitely does that for me.

It's all great, which makes it all even better. haha.
Shepherd's Dog is easily one of my favorite albums.

Great insomniac music. Just lay there and put songs like 'Lovesong of the Buzzard' on.
¤¤¤†¤¤¤

Quote by 'idioldude'

your a fucking retard i know how sinister is spelled but that is not how he spells his stage name it is synyster

Butthurt fanboys FTL
Downloading the discography as we speak. Am expecting great things.

EDIT: I am in love. Listened to Our Endless Numbered Days and The Shepherd's Dog, now listening to The Creek Drank the Cradle. I especially love how consistent it is; haven't yet heard a song I didn't like. The Creek Drank the Cradle is probably my favourite so far.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Jan 10, 2009,
I have to say I'm not really liking Shepherds Dog. With the whole band it doesn't seem as raw and from the heart as some of his other songs. Maybe I'll change my mind after another few listens.

But I think I'll alway love songs like Radio War, Sunset Soon Forgotten, Naked as we Came, Sixteen, Maybe Less, Each Coming Night... I could go on.
don't let the forest grow over the path you came here by
Quote by Lordofthepies
I have to say I'm not really liking Shepherds Dog. With the whole band it doesn't seem as raw and from the heart as some of his other songs. Maybe I'll change my mind after another few listens.

I'm loving Shepherd's Dog, but I agree that it doesn't sound as from the heart as the earlier stuff. My favourites atm are the first album, and the live stuff.
Yeah, Iron and Wine is great. But it would be better if Sam Beam led a spider monkey army with a vampire.
I ordered a Shepherd's Dog hoodie. Can't wait for it to come in the mail!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
the way he manages to take such a simple chord pattern and expand it to create an intricate sound to his guitar parts is amazing, plus he is an awesome song writer in general. I love 'The Shepherd's Dog', but I can be a bit of a solo acoustic snob sometimes and therefore My favorite has to be 'Our Endless Numbered Days'
Quote by glosoli
the way he manages to take such a simple chord pattern and expand it to create an intricate sound to his guitar parts is amazing, plus he is an awesome song writer in general.

I agree. Although sometimes I feel that Sam just isn't very creative when it comes to the guitar parts. Sometimes it just sounds like the same chords and hammer-ons. The lyrics totally make up for that though.

Page 1 of 2