ok i have put quite alot of thought into this idea, i would really like to see a guitar like this, a Fender Stratocaster with 7-strings a Foyd Rose double locking tremolo, 2 tone, 2 volume knobs, a pickup switch(not selector), push/pull coil tapping for pickups, and one of those new on-board tuners on the knobs. anymore things that i might have forgotton that you would like to add just please post it.

Please no flaming or bashing my idea.
It is mearly an idea
Way To Be Am? REVLIS=SILVER!
I think Fender did actually make a Seven String Strat, but it was dis-continued or it was a limited edition, I remember seeing it on Youtube.
when it comes to seven string you want a decent scale length, so having a strat design as a base is quite difficult
if youre going to make EVERYTHING, then it shouldnt be a problem
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by tdrules
when it comes to seven string you want a decent scale length, so having a strat design as a base is quite difficult
if youre going to make EVERYTHING, then it shouldnt be a problem

25.5" works alright for 7 strings as long as you don't try to play in drop G or something... hell, Carvin's 7-strings are 25.5" scale.
TS: Sounds sexy as hell. Build it!
Fender made 7 string strats in about 2000 or 2001 I believe. They were the lower end ones and may have been Squier. I remember a GC blowing them out really cheap.

I can not play like Sal Salvador so I didn't bother to buy one.
I've seen a 7-String strat before, but if you're gonna want a Floyd Rose and all that other stuff, why get it on a strat?
I've seen used Squier 7-strings on ebay a hundred times. they're really, really cheap.

Thinking of buying one...
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-Fender-Blonde-Stratocaster-7-String-Guitar-Ad_W0QQitemZ230274031587QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

it was 2000 that they were made going on that thing on ebay but i didn't find any of the guitars its advertising tho
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
thanks for all the feedback, i would like to try to make this guitar but i have no clue where to start to get supplies. if anyone could send me a link or somthing would be great
they would charge you like $20,000+ to make that guitar. im assuming your just joking with this idea but if your not, there are better things to spend that kind of money on lol
Quote by madshatter
they would charge you like $20,000+ to make that guitar. im assuming your just joking with this idea but if your not, there are better things to spend that kind of money on lol

Where's your sources? I know custom shops from big companies are expensive, but over 20 grand is a huge exaggeration.

TC, try www.ranguitars.com . It won't be a "fender" but it will be top of the line, and it will probably be around $4-$5k.
^ Rans prices increased and from what I'm hearing, there quality has gone down a little. Since more people are finding out about Ran and there making so much these days, wait time has also increased. If you live in the US, you'll wined up paying a pretty big chunk having that guitar built. JMO.
jeez, a custom doesn't cost 15 grand. more like...3 grand.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
what if i just want the body, neck and headstock and i do the rest?