Hey I have a question, I'm considering buying a '50s Classic Series Strat, and I want to upgrade the pickups after a while with '57/'62s. A question though, if I only upgrade the bridge pickups, and play through it, how wouldit sound versus if I upgraded every pickup?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
what's your amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
'65 Deluxe Reverb reissue.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
i'm going to say, try out the 50's pups a while, and if you really cant live with it, swap out that bridge pup.

i'm all for mixing and matching.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

So it wouldn't affect it tonally to only put in the bridge pup versus replacing them all?
Quote by chip46
Quote by Swap-Meet
gib?

but I really don't understand your question?

if you change one pickup how would it effect the un-touched ones?

What do you mean gib? And I meant would not changing all the pickups make the one you changed sound not as good?

EDIT: Who do you buy the grooves from?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
So it wouldn't affect it tonally to only put in the bridge pup versus replacing them all?

do you mean, does it sound bad, mixing and matching, only some pickups?

no. as long as the choices you make, complement each other somewhat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

One of the main reasons, not for the guitar, I really like the guitar, but I want a tone similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVA0ODWaQBs .
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
What do you mean gib? And I meant would not changing all the pickups make the one you changed sound not as good?

I mean give me the amp.....pweaaaaaaaaaaaaase ?

and I don't think not changing the other pickups will effect the sound of the bridge one, except when it's in bridge / neck position (or bridge / middle if you're playing with a 5 position switch?)
Quote by lespaul#1

...You get 'em from the website I mentioned...? Chris Robertson (his UG username is CorduroyEW) runs the site.

BTW, why change the bridge pickup, anyway? The money is all in the neck pickup. If I had to change one of them, it'd be the neck pickup.
Ok, because I wanted a '57 Strat tone, and I was afraid replacing only one pickups, the others would make it sound not as good, even in bridge position.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Ok, because I wanted a '57 Strat tone, and I was afraid replacing only one pickups, the others would make it sound not as good, even in bridge position.

I know your looking for 57/62 pickups but if you really love dick dale... http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Dick-Dale-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510381
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Fender '60s Reverse Headstock Strat
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
RP250 DigiTech Effects Pedal
DigiTech Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix
I know your looking for 57/62 pickups but if you really love dick dale... http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Dick-Dale-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510381

Thanks, but I've seen that before, I like it, but I don't want to steal his style, I want to design my own, combining the styles of Dick Dale and the Ventures and many other surf bands.
Quote by chip46
They have very similar necks. But, I might change it, they have the same V neck.
Quote by chip46
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix

Kevin Saale just put a similar set up pick guard on his strat. I had never seen that config before yesterday. Hmmm.

Lp#1 - It won't effect the other pups if you only change one - as long as the new one is wired in correctly. Pups don't effect each other negatively if installed correctly. If the tech wires it "out of phase" you will get a tinny, thin, lower volume at the 2 or 4 position of the strat. Happened to me once. I had him fix it right away.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Oh, okay, thanks, I still can't decide though about the '57, or the Classic Series, it's down only to the finish. Surf green vs. Ocean Turqouise.
Quote by chip46