Page 1 of 3
For me, the guitarist that inspired me to pick up the instrument and get serious was Jimmy Page. I've been into Rock my whole life and my first favorite band, which a lot of you might share, Was AC/DC. I was convinced Angus was the greatest guitar player ever, dont laugh I was young. Then I got my first Zeppelin album. That was maybe 8 years ago, I'm 15 so 8 years ago was a while back for me. Well for 3 years after I heard Pagey play his guitar i begged my mom to get me a guitar, I finally got one when i was 10 years old and have been playing ever since. Anyways, enough about me who is that inspiration for all of you?
Slash, Clapton, and Matt Bellamy.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
paul gilbert, paul gilbert and paul gilbert
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
whatever rock music was out at the time i started playing, i remember seeing nickelback and thinking they were cool...wait...nickelback inspired me to play guitar
Sig space available, give me some praise
paul gilbert and petrucci.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Slash.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Searchbar inspird me :P seriously, I have already seen a thread like this.
when i first started playing, hands down angus young. all i wanted was his signature sg, but i got a gibson faded sg one for christmas like 4 years ago. luck for me that i still love that guitar even though i dont listen to ac/dc much anymore.
Well I've always been into guitar music and I always wanted to learn.. just something I never got round to. I remember buying Get Behind Me Satan by the White Stripes and that (of all albums!) made me go "Right.. get me a guitar.". So yeah, Jack White for me.
Slash. My influences have definitely branched out since then, but to me, he embodied the guitar when I was younger. So I would say that Slash inspired me to pick up and play.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
well, i wanted to play because my friend did.
the songs i wanted to play were by iron maiden and nirvana.
Quote by Poglia
Searchbar inspird me :P seriously, I have already seen a thread like this.

lol, u r s0 funneh nd 0rgin4l...

*Hates searchbar jokes/comments*

Edit; Slash, i remember listening the November rain song and being blown away, when i saw the video that's when i knew what i wanted to do.

Slash Fanboys suck though.
Last edited by xAbyssusx at Sep 24, 2008,
For me it was Eddie Van Halen, even though I am not that inspired by him anymore. I was already playing guitar for a couple months before my dad took me to a Van Halen concert. I had heard about them and knew only one or two songs at the time so I wasn't that excited to go. Before we left for the concert my dad showed me Eruption and to be honest I didn't see what was so amazing about it the first time I heard it. I was pretty into the concert watching the band put on a great show but when Eddie started his spotlight solo mixed with Eruption I was literally in a trance. My mind was blown at what he was doing, mainly because I had never seen someone do that kind of stuff on a guitar before. The second I got home I started practicing and decided that I wanted to be able to shred like him. That was about 5 and a half years ago. I think he is deffinately overrated but for me being new to the guitar and never seeing those things before I wont deny that he inspired me.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by FLUX_

you're a legend thats the best paul gilbert pic in your profile.

his website is crazy
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
James Hetfield and Jerry Cantrell
Super-mega-ultra-neato things should go here!!
Phil Sagroso (AILD), not very well known name but the dude can shred and even the simpler riffs he plays sound sick
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I started getting really into Iron Maiden a few years ago, and listening to Dave Murray play was one of the biggest inspirations for me to learn to play guitar. I'm a huge fan of his legato work, and it has definitely influenced my playing style.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Same as TS for me. I was obsessed with Angus. He's the reason I play an SG
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Ryan Philips and my brother.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Clapton
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Matt Heafy

Alexi Laiho

... And James Hetfield

NEW!!! Peavey 6505 (XXX Cab too )
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez Destroyer with EMG-81 and 85
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 112
Roland Cube 20X
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ

and

Can't play like either though. I'd kill for Squire's ability, fucking sucks that he refuses to play now
My guitar teacher inspired me to be better. Besides Micheal Angelo, he is still the best guitarist I have ever seen.
First was Jack White and Billy Corgan(still listen to both religiously) then Kurt Cobain(not as religiously) and the whole "Grunge" thing which I love still, and now Trey Anastasio, Frank Zappa and others are inspiring me to be awesome.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.

Fred Cole, defintely.
(Honorable Mention: Johnny Thunders and Ron Asheton)
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
I was inspired by Sweet Child O' Mine, so Slash I guess. Nowadays I'm really loving Santana's work.
Quote by Zappanator
I've been into Rock my whole life and my first favorite band, which a lot of you might share, Was AC/DC. I was convinced Angus was the greatest guitar player ever, dont laugh I was young.

HEY! don't make fun of us that still do and angus was the person that got me started, favorite band ever is AC/DC they got me into music plus i get to see them in november, suck it guys who couldn't get tickets!
Quote by thankyougermany
Same as TS for me. I was obsessed with Angus. He's the reason I play an SG

that to
Page 1 of 3