Lately when I've been playing in jazz band (mostly rhythm guitar, lots of barre chords) and my left hand starts out fine, but after a while something just 'ticks.' All of a sudden, my hand is really tingly and I can't hold down the strings without my hand feeling numb. It feels like an electric shock is going through the strings, and I am being tazered, at a very low level. Has this happened to anyone before? I would really like help.
There might actually be electricity going through your strings. You should open your guitar up, see if there are any wires touching things they shouldn't be.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
yeah that used to happen to me all the time when we were practicing at home. our electrical sockets looked exactly like the ones they warn you against on those PSAs.
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
If you feel it from the guitar, it's probably a wiring issue.

If you feel it inside your hands, immediately stop when it hurts. This could be anything from tendonitis to carpal tunnel. Always remember, if it hurts don't do it!

Hope you find the answer!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by astepabove
There might actually be electricity going through your strings. You should open your guitar up, see if there are any wires touching things they shouldn't be.

How exactly do I open it up? It's a hollow body, and I'm not sure how to
Take out the pickups, the input jack, everything. Whatever you can take off you should. If you can't find it that way, bring it somewhere to be looked at.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
First, why don't you just unplug your guitar and play it like that, see if it's coming from the guitar or from within. . . .
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris