I've got a cheap Jackson. $200. Goodfor learning basic stuff. Then a LTD PB-500 by ESP, I like it as much as Les Pauls. Has good tone, sound and good for blues and RnR.

I also own a les paul epiphone=sucks. Has dead frets.

Anyway, I'm looking to play different types of music but I want a good tone, kinda chorus like, and at the came time shred and heavy stuff.

I want to pay less than 1k

I want good for harmonics like EMG pickups and such. Any of you guys have any experience with good guitars? People tell me Washburns. They have good tone, yet I've never owned one. Also, Steve Vai Ibanez? guitars are good too but 3k. So which ones do you guys/pros/forum members recommend?

None of my guitars can handle multi musical changes. My PB500 cannot play dropped a full step. I might consider selling it to buy a floyd rose c7 string Ibanez.

Also, any good shredding 7 stringers?
wrong thread btw

maybe try some schecters? im not a fan of active pups but the hellraisers r pretty nice guitars
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
sorry! wrong thread. Can mod move this please?

I have a line 6v amp, old Marshall [made in late 80's] and a small fender front man amp. Ibanez look so ugly inmo but I might end up with one. Hellraisers....I owned one as a super noob. When I graduated to guitar noob, it disapeared and when I found it, I saw that it had been given to me b/c it had over 11 dead frets, so I sold it for $200 and the new owner broke it.
I'm a big fan of Jackson DS-1s and Fender Strats. IMHO my advice would be to try some. Go to every music shop you can and try every guitar you can until you find one that suits you. It can take a while, but you're going to find a better guitar at a better price that way.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I Would Buy A First Act,there The Shiznit!!!...
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by williamdllr
I Would Buy A First Act,there The Shiznit!!!...

Actually, despite the fact that Wal-Mart carries em, First Act really does make some decent quality beginner instruments. However, TS is clearly looking for a step up.

Contribute or GTFO
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by Garou1911
Actually, despite the fact that Wal-Mart carries em, First Act really does make some decent quality beginner instruments. However, TS is clearly looking for a step up.

Contribute or GTFO

I'm pretty sure first act make pro level guitars too. Check their website.
First Act makes Testaments guitarist's guitars and they are like 2-3k. . .. PRS are awesome, ESP are usually pretty good but I have no experience with a PB model, MH's are awesome though. . . . and honestly, Active pickups are overrated, I use them. . . . passive EMG's are a okay. . . . so yeah, whatever though. . . . I'm more of a PRS Gibson person but I've been demoted to ESP. . . .but they really aren't that bad, Schecters come with shitty wiring. . . so beware of Schecter guitars.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Quote by -Collapse-
I'm pretty sure first act make pro level guitars too. Check their website.

Fair enough. I've only ever seen the beginner models, but I'm always glad to have a misconception corrected. Thanks.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H