Hi everyone. New member here and my first post!

I used to play years ago and have recently decided to start again. Now with all the technological advances over the last few years I want to connect my guitar to my pc.

I have just bought the lead with the 1/4" and 3.5mm jacks and have plugged it into my mic socket on my soundcard. After turning on mic boost I get quite a lot of noise and also it doesn't seem to sound right. I also have the latest version of Amplitude and I got to admit that when that is running it sounds even worse.

What would I need to get a really good clean sound? I do have an amp but would much prefer it through my pc so that I can use guitar pro 5.

Any help or advice on this subject is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks mate. Will this work? Whenever the mic is turned on, on the pc I get terrible noise just by touching the 1/4" jack with my fingers. Would using this pre-amp get rid of this noise.

Also when using amplitude all I get is terrible noise through my pc speakers! Looks like I will have to revert back to my amp.
use this asio4all instead of the directx driver or whatever the standard is. i use amplitube fine with just plugging straight in. google it perhaps to find out how to set it up right with your asio driver
Quote by NecroMaster
use this asio4all instead of the directx driver or whatever the standard is. i use amplitube fine with just plugging straight in. google it perhaps to find out how to set it up right with your asio driver

Would these drivers work with a creatice audigy sound card?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Stream_Input/Output
The ASIO driver is sort of like a software link between your hardware and software, in this case amplitube. it allows you to set your latency so you don't get any lag with playing etc. the best bet is to try it I think. Just need to install it, then (restart if it asks) then go to settings in amplitube, audio setup, select ASIO, click panel and set a buffer size of about 512 (if you get lag make it smaller) etc.