So the hole for the screw for my strap button is stripped. It's gotten to the point to where the screw won't stay in at all anymore. I bought strap locks and the screw was bigger so it held for a while, but just came out again and made the hole bigger. Whats the best way to go about fixing this. I've heard the whole toothpick thing, but that sounds sketchy to me b/c I need these things to hold. I can't have the screw come out again on stage, b/c I go crazy.
use a match
put it in the hole
then screw it in thru the match

works perfect.

btw
without the part which.. you know.. lights up...
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
toothpicks and super glue are better than a match and no glue. But yeah, basically fit it with something small and wooden and put a tiny bit of glue in there.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Is that how they fix them if you take it in to get repaired? Those all sound really unstable.

EDIT: Is anyone actually a tech that can shed some light?
get some wood putty from ur local home hardware store and then put it in with a toothpick then let it dry for about a day or day and a half then just skrew it back in thats wut i did about a month ago and it works perfectly! no slips yet
actually any type of wood peg and wood glue will work. i built a cabinet that holds a few hundred pounds, and it uses no screws or nails. not a cab for a guitar, but like an entertainment stand. Wood glue is a lot stronger than you would expect.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
I like to use a little bigger and longer stainless screw from the hardware store. Sometimes you have to ream out the strap button for the screw. Never had one come loose again.
Quote by Tackleberry
I like to use a little bigger and longer stainless screw from the hardware store. Sometimes you have to ream out the strap button for the screw. Never had one come loose again.

The problem with that is what if it comes out again? Eventually you'd just make the hole bigger and bigger.
like said, cram as many wood toothpicks that will fit. add wood glue and screw the screw back in thru the toothpicks.

you can also use wood epoxy.

a longer screw alone usually just eats out more wood.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011