Sorry for being "that guy" and wondering what of my idols uses, im just curous. Last night, I went to a bodom gig, which blew me away btw, and I noticed not only did alexi get another ESP custom shop, he no longder uses SD blackouts. They were a covered style pickup, e.g. les paul/sg pickups, with chrome covering. Could it be a SD Livewire or something? Again, just curious because he switched so soon?

EDIT: For those who care, his new custom shop is the same RR shape, yellow stripes, but the inlays is what gave it away. It has the sawtooth inlay up until about the 9th fret, then some insignia on the 12th, and then no inlays all the way up the rest of the neck.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
True that. His sounded better with that pickup booster though.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
up..?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I heard a rumor it's some new kind of EMG, called the X or something. Now what that is, I have no clue, but he's been doing that for a couple months.
I loved his tone when I saw them last Friday.

I actually think he went back to the HZ's.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by CJRocker
I heard a rumor it's some new kind of EMG, called the X or something. Now what that is, I have no clue, but he's been doing that for a couple months.

Interesting. Would that not conflictt with his endorsment with SD?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Just out of curiosity, and sorry to derail, but what was the set like? I was interested in going, but to be honest I thought they were going to play a lot of blooddrunk, which turned me off from going, cuz i think that album and AYDY are nothing in comparison to Hatebreeder, FTR, and Hatecrew Deathroll. so what stuff did they play most?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by rwalby9
I loved his tone when I saw them last Friday.

I actually think he went back to the HZ's.

Twas burtal wasnt it? My ears are still ringing from last night
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by kayman121
Just out of curiosity, and sorry to derail, but what was the set like? I was interested in going, but to be honest I thought they were going to play a lot of blooddrunk, which turned me off from going, cuz i think that album and AYDY are nothing in comparison to Hatebreeder, FTR, and Hatecrew Deathroll. so what stuff did they play most?

Only 3 songs from the new album..blooddrunk, hellhounds, banned from heaven. From what i remember, they started with follow the reaper, went on to play in your face, are you dead yet, children of decadence (very rare to play live it was amazing), bed of razors( also very rare, amazing as well), downfall, hate crew deathroll, and many other of the like.

Kickass setlist. I still cant believe they played bed of razors and children of decadence.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Only 3 songs from the new album..blooddrunk, hellhounds, banned from heaven. From what i remember, they started with follow the reaper, went on to play in your face, are you dead yet, children of decadence (very rare to play live it was amazing), bed of razors( also very rare, amazing as well), downfall, hate crew deathroll, and many other of the like.

Kickass setlist. I still cant believe they played bed of razors and children of decadence.

oh damn yea that's the shit. i've gotta catch em next time they're in my area alexi is a beast
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121

To my surprise, they opened with Follow the Reaper. The rest they played (not in this order): Living Dead Beat, In Your Face, Hellhounds On My Trail, Blooddrunk, Children of Decadence (which they'd never played before), Hate Me!, Sixpounder, Hate Crew Deathroll, Angels Don't Kill, Silent Night Bodom Night, Bed of Razors, and Downfall.

I was extremely disappointed they didn't play Needled, but they played everything else I wanted to definitely hear.

Yeah, to my surprise, their tone was amazing!
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Was the pickup an Anniversary Edition EMG? Just wondering, cause they're covered, and silver.
And just because he hasn't used the ESP CS's lately dosn't mean he wont still play em'.
Ill look it up, it was silver though, and he had them in all of his guitars. Which EMG is it? Like anniversary HZ or 81?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Ill look it up, it was silver though, and he had them in all of his guitars. Which EMG is it? Like anniversary HZ or 81?

25th anniversary 81

EDIT: here's a pic

i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
That wasnt them. They had the studs on the rear of the pickup like on LP custom pickups (490/498) for example.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
That wasnt them. They had the studs on the rear of the pickup like on LP custom pickups (490/498) for example.

maybe it was a passive duncan or something ? who knows.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by dcdossett65

Roope is using the EMG HZ H-2's now, its possible it could be one of those.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
checked the esp website. alexi has EMG HZs on his guitars now.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC