In my band its me, I am into the oldest music by far. The rest of my band is into new stuff. The bassist loves modern virtuoso stuff, and a lot of really technical instrumental stuff. Our drummer likes a lot of new alternative rock, and both of them like Rush and Zeppelin.

I'm into old school stuff, Sabbath, Maiden, Tom Petty, Nick Drake, The Jam, The Ventures, and lots of classical. I'm also (along with the drummer) one of the only original members. After 4 bassists, 2 lead guitarists, 2 lead singers, and an occasional keyboardist, you start to feel old.

Our new lead guitarist is a lot like me as far as what we listen to, but he hasn't been with us long.

What about you guys, are you the "old man"?

:Chris the ancient:
kensai is...

Not really, I'm pretty much the old school music fan even though I love new stuff just as much.
I am.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Either me or my drummer. He likes old country stuff dating back to like the 1920s so I guess he wins.
im the old man in the sense i am the oldest age wise and i listen to the oldest music...my cut off time is 1975
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Quote by seljer
I don't have a band so i'm both the young man and the old man

beat that

win write here

and it'd be me, my lead guitarist and bassist are into newer music and are really open and m drummer thinks hes black so hes into rap and raggae
Quote by amazing FretMan
im the old man in the sense i am the oldest age wise and i listen to the oldest music...my cut off time is 1975

but that exclues led zeppelin IV and paul gilbert doesnt it?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
My evolution of jazz class makes me the oldest man now.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
well, our bassist is, then its probably me, our drummer likes some old bands, but he tends to bum the newer ones
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
i wear my strap high , love wood colored basses, and love old people music, yet i'm 14 years old :P
i guess i am,
johnny mercer, patsy cline, otis redding, elvis costello, roy buchanan and such.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by metallicaftwlp
new stuff like zeppelin?????? WTF

haven't you heard the new album?
Probably me. I'm the bassist. I listen to a lot of old motown numbers, but I'm also into blues, jazz, swing, any early 20th century stuff. The farthest back I go is classical, and none of the other guys are into that...So yeah.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
The drummer and the guitarist both listen to the exact same stuff, so they're both the old man. I'm the "young" guy by far, but my taste in music is much broader and more developed than theirs.
our keyboardist. he's like hardcore piano shredding and he's got some years on me. i'm the runner up old man.
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
I'm the old man in EVERY group im in.
Beatles, Sabbath, Zeppelin, The Who, Stones, Iron Maiden.
Everything that would get a "huh? " look from teens.
i like your bassist

im not in a band but i would be a fairly old man comparing music taste with friends around me
not that much in the metal genre, but like Miles Davis, Neil Young, Hendrix, John Coltrane, Wes Montgomery, Dylan etc
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I'm the oldest in my band. Ironically, I am the smallest in height and weight. I am also considered "The Band Bitch

EDIT: Just read TS's post. I am still the "old man" because I listen to Classical. The second oldest is our bassist whose music goes back to the 60's. Everybody else are only into modern music which is not a good thing because of the disagreement on how a song should be.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Last edited by LazyLatinoRocke at Sep 24, 2008,
In my old band one of our bassists (we went through 3) was 25, and a teacher and PE coach. He knew SO much music though, old and new. We always said he should start a music store. Everyone else in the band was like 17-20, so yeah he was the old guy. We always joked about him having Alzheimer's. He did always tell us the same stories a lot, though. Whenever something happened that related to a story he had of something or another, he'd tell us the story even if we'd heard it a hundred times lol. It was pretty funny.
We're only strays.
^

Is he in your band?

Quote by sakura'sdarkest
kensai is...

Not really, I'm pretty much the old school music fan even though I love new stuff just as much.

Quote by Kensai
I am.

That was un-canny.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I was when ever I was in bands. I was into a lot but the only one who listened to Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, Def Leppard etc regularly. Everyone else were mostly into screamo bands, and popular bands like Muse and The Killers.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

I'm into the oldest music, but my drummer is the oldest in the band as far as age goes.

Drummer: 24? 25? one of those
Rhythm Guitarist: 19
Me: 18
Singer: 18
Bassist: 17
Age wise no, but it terms of music hell yes. My music ranges from the late 90s back to the 1400s. (Yes i listen to classical). Age of band members

Drummer : 15
Lead Guitar: 15
Rhythm Guitar: 16
Bassist (me): 16 (next week)
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Quote by Keef-is-king
In my band its me, I am into the oldest music by far. The rest of my band is into new stuff. The bassist loves modern virtuoso stuff, and a lot of really technical instrumental stuff. Our drummer likes a lot of new alternative rock, and both of them like Rush and Zeppelin.

I'm into old school stuff, Sabbath, Maiden, Tom Petty, Nick Drake, The Jam, The Ventures, and lots of classical. I'm also (along with the drummer) one of the only original members. After 4 bassists, 2 lead guitarists, 2 lead singers, and an occasional keyboardist, you start to feel old.

Our new lead guitarist is a lot like me as far as what we listen to, but he hasn't been with us long.

What about you guys, are you the "old man"?

:Chris the ancient:

ha. sabbath is old music. i must be ancient. i listen to tons on old blues like Elmore James, Muddy Waters, the three Kings (B.B., Freddie and Albert), John Lee Hooker and Hubert Sumlin. i also love old 50's rock (but not elvis) like Jerry Lee Lewis, T-Bone Walker, Little Richard, Gene Vincent.

funniest thing is I'm only 17, and my dad hasn't even heard of some of the stuff i listen to. lol
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
the trumpet player and the drummer in my band are like 20-22 or something, I'm 19 (bass) and so are the sax player and vocalist, and the guitarist is 18.
Well the drummer is 20-21, and we are 16-17, so that would make him the old man. But i gues the basist is the old school music lover. Im also a fan of older rock music, but hes really into that, whilw i also like to listen to some newer stuff to.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.