I play my traynor ycs50 at 6 o'clock when just jamming with my brother. could it be that one of my power tubes are dead? its just not as loud as everyone stresses 50w tube amps are. help? i need more volume.
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
I can barely turn my 22W, all tube, Deluxe 'Verb past 3 out of 10 in my house. Could be a tube or tranny issue.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Sep 24, 2008,
6 o'clock... so is that like full? if so, yeah your tubes could be gone. have you checked that the preamp and master volumes are both up?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I think I have the same problem.. I have a 5150 60w 212 Combo and people said that it was ridiculously loud, even with the master set at 5. I have it set at 7 and it doesn't seem to have enough power to play over my drummer. The rhythm channel is not loud at all, even cranked to 8...
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Last edited by Khoifish321 at Sep 24, 2008,
I can barely turn my VK past 1...

Something is OBVIOUSLLY wrong with your amp. a 50W tube amp is supposed to be at gigging levels at somewhere around 11-2 o'clock.
O O

___
I cant turn my 18 watt past 2 with gain

Exept for today, my parents weren't home to I cranked this little mother****er and learned that its by far gigable
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Last edited by (Metal)lica at Sep 24, 2008,
The volume level differs between different amps, and of course what you think is loud differs too. Also remember that some amps use different pots for volume, so you can't compare volume knob positions between different amps.

Bottom line, it should be loud enough (except maybe for unmiced large gigs?). If it isn't, there's probably a problem somewhere.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by TheBax
I can barely turn my VK past 1...

Something is OBVIOUSLLY wrong with your amp. a 50W tube amp is supposed to be at gigging levels at somewhere around 11-2 o'clock.

this is not true. its all relative and subjective. not saying that this guys amp isn't bust, but i run my 50w valve amp (with master volume bypassed) at around 3 o'clock in band practice. sounded great there and just carried through in the mix really nicely. and i play hard in a band which i wouldn't say is that loud.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Re-tube and insert coin.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yeah I have a YCV50, and messing around yesterday I cranked the chan 1 vol and gain, and couldn't get the master much above 2 before I wondered if the neighbors would come knocking...
my 212 tube plays with a full metal band and with no cabs or any thing im on like 5-6 and im a little too loud now thats a 100 watt but my other guitarist plays a randal 50 watt tube half stack and he turns up to like 4-5 and he has no volume problems so its most likely something wrong with the power tubes
The rating of an amp doesn't always equate to volume. It really depends amp to amp, I'm not sure how loud Traynors are, but how certain brand rates the power of their amp has a lot to do with it.
you usually see amp wattages rated with 5% total harmonic distortion (thd). the voicing and structure of the amp definitely vary when it comes to volume.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
yea, with tubes its not so much loudness as it is perceived loudness with an increase in wattage

are all of your power tubes glowing evenly?
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
yeah i'm stupid i meant 12 oclock. and also, the amp's gain only takes it to rock. i've heard that its supposed to have enough gain for metal, and it definately doesnt. could that also be another problem?

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Highwaytohell
how high is the gain set?

maxed on both the clean and the overdrive channels.
its riduculous. the cleans dont even get muddy with the volume at 1/2

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
volume knob on your guitar all the way up? no joke
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
do you have it in 15 watt mode?

there's a switch on the back
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by lespaul#1
I can barely turn my 22W, all tube, Deluxe 'Verb past 3 out of 10 in my house. Could be a tube or tranny issue.

HOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

You did not just say what I think you said...

EDIT:Hammer Time
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
turn the channel volumes up... shouldn't need it on 50 watt mode to be loud.. the 15 watt setting is loud enough on mine. If that doesn't work then it sounds like it may be a tube issue. Email Traynor.
Tube swap.