Ok I'm looking to buy a better wah wah since recently my old one started making a humming noise threw my fender amp whats the best and noiseless ? Morley , Vox , Dunlap ?
I know zero about optical gear so bump for ya. It is my understanding that an optical wah would use a lazer instead of a metal spring or switch to determine distortion/pitch level.

Have you tried your current pedal in a different amp or with a different guitar/cable?

Otherwise, it is an interesting concept...kinda like the stringless guitars i guess.
When you rock a normal wah back and forth, it moves a gear that rotates a smaller gear connected to a potentiometer, which causes the sweep. In an optical wah, there's a laser or light that senses how close the rocker is, so there's no gear.
In terms of reliability, the optical wah is probably a bit better, though geared wahs are usually pretty sturdy themselves. In all other aspects, I'd think they're pretty much the same since the optical sensor isn't in the signal path at all.
I would suggest buying a wah based on other factors, since both types are decent and not all that different functionally. I'd call it a non-issue.
The difference BASICALLY is that with optical-switching wahs you just step on the wah and it turns on. Spring-switching wahs, you need to click the switch on by pressing down all the way with your toe. I'm sure there's way more depth to this than I've described, but I'm tired so some smart GG&A user will come in here and clarify things for ya.
EDIT: Or they'll beat me to the punch completely.
^Actually, you bring up a good point that I forgot about. The optical wahs don't have the 3PDT switch to turn them on and off. That allows you to start your wah at a certain position rather than starting all the way at the toe like you're forced to do with a geared wah. The switch is also quite prone to breaking once it gets old (10 years, ish). Optical wahs generally aren't true bypass though, so that's something to consider if you're picky with your signal chain.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I know zero about optical gear so bump for ya. It is my understanding that an optical wah would use a lazer instead of a metal spring or switch to determine distortion/pitch level.

Have you tried your current pedal in a different amp or with a different guitar/cable?

Otherwise, it is an interesting concept...kinda like the stringless guitars i guess.

Yeah , but same buzzing sound .. I have 3 other amps I'm tryed it in I think the resistance is to great .
Quote by muddshovel
Ok I'm looking to buy a better wah wah since recently my old one started making a humming noise threw my fender amp whats the best and noiseless ? Morley , Vox , Dunlap ?

Ok cool , what does Eric Clapton Use for say White Room or Sunshine of your Love ?
Wahs are inherently noisy. If you have a grounding issue or a noisy rig a wah will accentuate that. If you're using it with fuzz or distortion expect even more issues.
Clapton used a Macari wah for white room I think, or at least that's the closest sounding wah to that sound. A Vox should get pretty close. Look into RMC wahs if your budget allows, they're quite good. There's a model called the Wheels of Fire, should be decent for Cream
Quote by Roc8995
When you rock a normal wah back and forth, it moves a gear that rotates a smaller gear connected to a potentiometer, which causes the sweep. In an optical wah, there's a laser or light that senses how close the rocker is, so there's no gear.
In terms of reliability, the optical wah is probably a bit better, though geared wahs are usually pretty sturdy themselves. In all other aspects, I'd think they're pretty much the same since the optical sensor isn't in the signal path at all.
I would suggest buying a wah based on other factors, since both types are decent and not all that different functionally. I'd call it a non-issue.

Ok but there is an issue the buzzing sound it now even picks up radio signals ,
and is driving me nuts . I tried it in other amps my washburn n peavy still noise.
When I press to the bottom a scratchy sound .