What guitar would you guys recommend for mostly playing songs in the blues scales? I'm not going to play blues, I just want to play rock that uses blues scales.
ive always had a taste for the Jaguar, because EVERYBODY in the Guitar world has a strat. Plus, you can use either coils or Humbuckers(i prefer the humbuckers)
hmmm are humbuckers pick-ups or what? I haven't heard much about them, and nice sig

edit: Ya, I'd get a strat if I couldn't find anything else.
I was thinking about getting a roadhouse strat- it was 3 single coil texas special pickups with is what SRV uses, but I was also thinking of a Lonestar strat whch was 2 texas specials and 1 humbucker. Both are about $549
Schecter C-1 classic??
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
I don't think you can get an accurate answer by saying what scale you'll want to use. Pretty much all music uses scales, from jazz to metal. Really, its like saying you want a certain guitar for playing chords, any guitar will work, really, it's a matter of what kind of style you want to play.
es 335 (if you have unlimited funds) epiphone dot for cheaper version. those semi hollows just scream the blues.
Quote by StewieGriffin93
hmmm are humbuckers pick-ups or what? I haven't heard much about them, and nice sig

edit: Ya, I'd get a strat if I couldn't find anything else.

yeah Humbuckers are the type of pickup made from using two single coils in oppisite directions, they have higher output, dont hum near electronics like single coils, and have nice warm cleans.

honestly tho. any guitar that doesnt have active pickups (they look like lil black boxes and use a 9volt battery) will do well for what you're wanting.
------------
Gibson SG 61 Reissue
Squier Bullet
Peavey Rage 158
Digitech Hot Head
Rocktron Short Timer Delay
Fender Tuner Pedal
Quote by StewieGriffin93
I've always loved the look and specs of this guitar....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-SG-Prophecy-EX-Electric-Guitar-with-EMG-81-85-Pickups-515622-035-i1386472.gc

is it bluesy-rock potential?

lol no. its got EMG 81/85 pups. thats a metal setup. i mean, you could tweak the sound alot, but id hold out for something that fits you more
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Quote by StewieGriffin93
I've always loved the look and specs of this guitar....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-SG-Prophecy-EX-Electric-Guitar-with-EMG-81-85-Pickups-515622-035-i1386472.gc

is it bluesy-rock potential?

that has active pickups so no :P
------------
Gibson SG 61 Reissue
Squier Bullet
Peavey Rage 158
Digitech Hot Head
Fender Tuner Pedal
A Telecaster would do the job pretty well, unless you want a humbucker sound. I prefer Teles over Strats though.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Ah I see....well ya, I didn't mean the scales specifically, just rock that falls under that style....

Anyway, anything within $600 that's still pretty decent, and can be my main guitar?

edit: If anything from Fender, it's the strats I love, the teles are just awkward for me.
i play alot of rock and blues on my SG and it sounds great so you might want to look at the Epiphone G-400 or whatever its called. it's the SG's lil brother basically.
------------
Gibson SG 61 Reissue
Squier Bullet
Peavey Rage 158
Digitech Hot Head
Fender Tuner Pedal
LP's cover alot of rock, but Strats will delve into blues better.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
LP's cover alot of rock, but Strats will delve into blues better.

Sister Rosetta Tharpe disagrees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeaBNAXfHfQ&feature=related