Regarding my right hand, I can sweep pick pretty well when moving my hand down but I'm having issues when trying to sweep up.

Moving down, my pick is at a somewhat perfect perpendicular angle to the strings but it's difficult to do so going up. I noticed that it's a bit better if I angel the pick around a good 45 degrees but I was wondering what is the proper way to sweep them?
Its whatever works dude. I turn my pick at an angle when i sweep up but thats mainly because my picks are solid chunks of plastic.
i normally keep it at a 45 degree angle too, also this is an advance technique and there is a sticky on it in the advanced forum.
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Do it however is most comfortable and still allows the notes to ring out cleanly. A great practice song is House of the Rising Sun by The Animals. It's essentially a 5 chord progression played slowly with all sweeps. Get that song down pat and you'll find sweeping a tad easier.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Haha,one man's meat is another man's poison.I can never sweep pick down but I can sweep up fine.Try practicing using a metronome,keep your pick slanted at a 45 degree angle.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic