I was wondering if anyone could me their opinion on the Rockfield Fatass pickup. I went to the site and heard the sample, but I don't really know what to make of it. I mean it sounds awesome, but I have no idea what guitar they are playing, what amp they are playing through and what effects they are using to make it "Dirty". So I was wondering if owners of this pickup could give me their thoughts on it. I like to play metal, hardcore and thrash. This pickup seems to give the sound of an active pickup without needing a battery and the price is very attractive. IF you can tell me any thoughts on this pick up and what type of music you play, I would appreciate it.

In case you need my gear info, most of it is old, I have a Marshal reverb 75 (made in 1984), Boss HM 2 and Ge 7 pedal. My guitar is an ESP LTD AX-2E.
Thanks for the welcome.

The amp is a really good amp, unless you have something against marshal. It's solid state, has a foot switch for boost and reverb and is 75 watts.

I am pretty sure that the AX series is reletively new. It's a really great guitar though.

They have a demo of the Fat Ass on the Rockfield site if you want to check it out, but like I said, I have no idea of what the demo set up is.

I think they should have an industry standard set up for pickup demos, so you can really be able to tell the difference between the sound, because I am sure that one company's "dirty" may not be another company's "dirty", so it's hard to tell what the pickup actually sounds like.
i think facingusall has tried those, but i haven't seen him around for a few weeks... i think they come stock in some michael kellys and bc riches, so maybe see if you can find some of those to try...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?