I've been looking at amps and I've decided to get a Fender Tube. But I'm not sure I need some advice on witch one to pick out Thanks
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Fender '60s Reverse Headstock Strat
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
RP250 DigiTech Effects Pedal
DigiTech Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
which one you gets depends on budget, how you'll be using it, and specific needs as far as tone goes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
which one you gets depends on budget, how you'll be using it, and specific needs as far as tone goes.

Home Use Lol and well Fender Amps aren't to pricey I guess? Round 1000$ (My Budget) and Under but I'm still not sure how much I will spend it REALLY depends on what you guys will say Thanks Again O and I really like there Vintage amps I've seen them but there pretty Expensive
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Epiphone G-310 SG
What kind of music are trying to play. From what I could gather, Hendrix stuff. You would want a more british sound for that though. Vintage Fender though-I would say you could get a Bassman for that price. It'll give you great classic rock tones.
Quote by end_citizen
What kind of music are trying to play. From what I could gather, Hendrix stuff. You would want a more british sound for that though. Vintage Fender though-I would say you could get a Bassman for that price. It'll give you great classic rock tones.

Lol yea... you kinda got me there. Isn't there more though? I mean thanks for the advice but still... I'll play other blues lick's aswell sides Hendrix and some more Classic Rock what about the Hot Rod Series?

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix
Lol yea... you kinda got me there. Isn't there more though? I mean thanks for the advice but still... I'll play other blues lick's aswell sides Hendrix and some more Classic Rock what about the Hot Rod Series?

The hot rod's are ok. You'd be best off with a bassman. A Blues amp would probably do you good too.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
The Hot Rod series are good amps. I'm not a fan of the Deville. The Deluxe is good, but the overdrive is not for everyone. That one you would have to play and see. Also, I just realized that it is home use. All those amps would be quite overkill. You could get the Deluxe and put some of the rest towards a Weber attenuator.
Hm... I have another thing to say. I've been looking at the Fender 65 Twin Reberb and I have realized the BassMan and that Twin are the same price now I know one's a tube (Wait Twin Is A Tube I Think?) and the other isn't but really whats the better buy for me? If I'm really willing to buy a brand new amp like that for 1300$? Now I know I play at Home but I really wanted something with a Great Tone and something nice and new because I have my crappy 2 year old beginner Amp and these amps I can see have a big difference (Correct me If I'm Wrong Lol) anyhowz thanks again lol

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
1961-1964 Fender Blonde Bassman.

/thread

no, really, it's probably the greatest amp of all time.

Well the Bassman specs were used basically to formulate both the original Mesa amps and Marshalls. Very important technology!

I say to you, you're going to want a more british sounding amplifier.

Somebody get al in here, we need a marshall clone expert.
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
1961-1964 Fender Blonde Bassman.

/thread

no, really, it's probably the greatest amp of all time.

The only correct answer.
Well I thank Everyone for there answers (If you want to post still please do ) but yea... I'll most likely get the Bassman need to get some more $$$ but yea I hope it will own by what you guy's say Thanks Again!

Epiphone G-310 SG
Hot Rod or Twin Reverb

/thread
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
Quote by theo_siordia
Hot Rod or Twin Reverb

/thread

Quote by imgooley

The Twin isn't that bad

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix
The Twin isn't that bad

The Twin is actually an outstanding amp.

I play through one 3 times a week (the 100w Red Knob version).

It's a clean amp.

Not a rock amp.

Unless you can crank the **** out of it.

Rock without that tube grrr is lacking.

Blonde Bassman ftw.
Quote by imgooley
The Twin is actually an outstanding amp.

I play through one 3 times a week (the 100w Red Knob version).

It's a clean amp.

Not a rock amp.

Unless you can crank the **** out of it.

Rock without that tube grrr is lacking.

Blonde Bassman ftw.

Even when you crank it though. I also don't find (Well, at least low end) fenders to sound worse when cranked. The breakup really is bad. I haven't cranked many high end ones. But they sound a hell of a lot better.
TS. I don't mean to sound like a moody old git, but why instantly limit yourself to one brand of amplifier before you've even decided what you want?
I'd take a look at Traynor for those classic rock tones... I'm not too sure what else is good value in the States.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78
TS. I don't mean to sound like a moody old git, but why instantly limit yourself to one brand of amplifier before you've even decided what you want?
I'd take a look at Traynor for those classic rock tones... I'm not too sure what else is good value in the States.

Yeah! Buy a Two-Rock.....

I want a Two Rock sooooo bad...

If you saved up more, you could most likely afford one.
Quote by jimbob78

Thank you.

This thread
A Deluxe would be great for Hendrix as long as you can get yourself a fuzz and some sort of overdrive for his lighter sounds.
Hendrix only used his Marshalls live, his studio tone was mostly courtesy to small Fender amps like the Princeton.

The Deluxe is 22 watts so it's still bloody loud for at home use but even a 5 watter would be too loud.
If you're really looking for Jimi's live tone then I suggest a Marshall 18 watt clone (Ceriatone, Brown etc make good ones. Check the ultimate vintage amp thread for more ).
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
get a cornell thats is the true end to home use valve, then u could go for the fender style romany or marshall plexi
Quote by Lauke_101
A Deluxe would be great for Hendrix as long as you can get yourself a fuzz and some sort of overdrive for his lighter sounds.
Hendrix only used his Marshalls live, his studio tone was mostly courtesy to small Fender amps like the Princeton.

The Deluxe is 22 watts so it's still bloody loud for at home use but even a 5 watter would be too loud.
If you're really looking for Jimi's live tone then I suggest a Marshall 18 watt clone (Ceriatone, Brown etc make good ones. Check the ultimate vintage amp thread for more ).

Yea I like his live but I'm looking more into his Studio. Thanks I didn't know he used Marshall just for live that helps me I'll go for the Bass man or the Twin cause I have the Hendrix Pedal and Hendrix and Fender Rule

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix
Home Use Lol and well Fender Amps aren't to pricey I guess? Round 1000$ (My Budget) and Under but I'm still not sure how much I will spend it REALLY depends on what you guys will say Thanks Again O and I really like there Vintage amps I've seen them but there pretty Expensive

what are you talking about there not that expensice in many cases some go cheaper than new ones