Hey whats up, I haven't been here in a while, but all of a sudden my amp ****ed up and I need some help.

I flicked the power switch, but the odd thing was that the main red light beside the switches was not on. I kept it on standby for a minute. When I took it off standby so i could play, there was no sound. I unplugged it and then plugged it in again and restarted the process, but there was still no sound. At the back of the amp i noticed that all the tubes were cold too. Whats wrong with my amp???

Thanks
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Mains fuse is blown.

Most amps have accessibility in back of the amp. My "Marshall" has one, yours should as well. It should screw out, replace the fuse with one of the same value (just pick one up from radioshack) and see if it works then.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 24, 2008,
aww mayne, is there a way to tell if its really blown though? and where can i get a new fuse if it is? Local guitar shop will probably have it right?
-Jimi Hendrix
I'm sure its blown if you're not getting any power to the amp at all (ie. power indicator light isn't on). There is nothing between the wall and indicator light except for that fuse.

Take it out and look at it, if you see a thin piece of wire inside, if it looks disenigrated (spelling?) its gone. The value should be written along the top, bring it to Radioshack and just pick up a new one.

Only other thing I can think of is your wall outlet isn't working.
yea i think its the fuse, because the light for the overdrive channel is on. i'll probably go there tomorrow. Thanks for helping a brotha out.
-Jimi Hendrix
Yep, its no big deal, the fuse is there just as protection for the transformers in case you have a power spike or something from your wall so as not to damage any expensive parts. A new fuse should cost like... idk, a dollar or so.
sweet
-Jimi Hendrix