My amp makes this loud cracking noise,it isnt affected by amp or guitar volume,it makes if just the cable(cable but no guitar) is plugged in, but it doesnt make the sound if nothing is plugged in, would this be the cable?
yep could be that or if the guitar output is loose.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
tis not the guitar just had the output resoldered today tech tried it it worked fine plus it makes the sound with no guitar just the cable
Probably. My cable is starting to do this b/c it's getting old and starting to break. And when i bend it a little or something having to do with movement with the cable, it pops and crackles.

EDIT: wait, so you're saying it makes this noise when the guitar is NOT plugged in...

so, does it do it WITH the guitar plugged in? B/c if you touch the end of the cable when it's not plugged into your guitar it will make popping noises... that's normal.
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Sep 24, 2008,
does it make the sound without the cable plugged in? if so then maybe the speaker is blown...just shootin in the dark but maybe..
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Quote by dreams broken
does it make the sound without the cable plugged in? if so then maybe the speaker is blown...just shootin in the dark but maybe..

Nope its perfectly fine without a cable plugged in.
Quote by Jointhecrash
Nope its perfectly fine without a cable plugged in.

then get a new cable they r cheap if it still dont work take it to a shop
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Probably. My cable is starting to do this b/c it's getting old and starting to break. And when i bend it a little or something having to do with movement with the cable, it pops and crackles.

EDIT: wait, so you're saying it makes this noise when the guitar is NOT plugged in...

so, does it do it WITH the guitar plugged in? B/c if you touch the end of the cable when it's not plugged into your guitar it will make popping noises... that's normal.[/Qoute] Yes it makes it with the guitar plugged in,these arent the same noises as when you touch the cable end
Well, if the output on the guitar is fine... i guess it's just the cable breaking... it's not very uncommon.

Like i said, mine's doing it right now... just try to either be careful with it, or get a new one (or fix it).
O O

___