i have a flextone 2 head with the pedal board. thing is, the pedal board is almost done and i was thinking of getting another kind of multi effects pedal. would this work well? I could just set the head to 'clean' and run new board through it, couln't I? or maybe line 6 have other effects option...what's my best option?

thanks in advance
I find the Flextone to be a descent amp as is. When you say pedal board, are you talking about the footswitch or a proccessor? And what effects/proccessor did you have in mind?

Btw, dosn't the Flextone II have all the effects built right in? My buddy had one and I thought it was pretty good for the price. (Think he payed $250-$300USD or something)
POD X3, buddy, check it out. You could do exactly what your saying, and you'd get a little coloring from your amp, but using the PODs you can actually adjust for amp coloring if you want to. Plus, it's got this cool Dual Tone feature this time around that can be handled with 1 guitar 2 tones, 2 guitars 2 tones, 1 guitar 1 bass, 1 guitar 1 mic, 1 bass 1 mic, it's crazy what you can do with the board. Plus it has a ton of sweet recording capabilities. Just check it out at line6.com, you might be impressed.
Quote by caraluzzo
I find the Flextone to be a descent amp as is. When you say pedal board, are you talking about the footswitch or a proccessor? And what effects/proccessor did you have in mind?

Btw, dosn't the Flextone II have all the effects built right in? My buddy had one and I thought it was pretty good for the price. (Think he payed $250-$300USD or something)

yeah i was thinking about a multieffects processor
Quote by laserbrain
i have a flextone 2 head with the pedal board. thing is, the pedal board is almost done and i was thinking of getting another kind of multi effects pedal. would this work well? I could just set the head to 'clean' and run new board through it, couln't I? or maybe line 6 have other effects option...what's my best option?

thanks in advance

I've tried using distortion pedals into all the cleans on a flextone, and they all dissapointed me.

I used to use my PodXT Live into the power amp input on my old flextone II XL, and it sounded pretty killer. Though later I thought it kind of a waste for the Flextone, and so I sold the amp. It's capaple of so much, yet I was using it as a power amp.

Line6 into Line6 works quite well though. You can't go wrong with a pod. They even have the X3 live now.

Just remember to use the power amp input (FX return) otherwise it sounds kinda crappy.
Washburn Dime 333, Ibanez RG7620, LTD MH250NT w/ EMG 89x's
Modded Boss Metal Zone, Boss CE-5, DD-3, Intellifex
Jet City JCA2112RC, ADA MP-1 Preamp,
GK 400RB Bass head
Marshall and Ampeg 4x12 cabs