Im replacing the speakers in my amp and need a suggestion.
Originally my idea was 2 V30s but im considering mixing a V30 with another speaker to work with the V30.
Does anyone here have some suggestions?
Depends on the amp you're using and tone you're looking for...

v30s and g12h30s generally make a pretty good combo. But you'll only have 60 watt handling with that setup.
Its a 212 120Watt.
So if im going to mix speakers its going to have be at least 60 watts.

I got the V30 for tight lows and glassy highs.
Im looking for a speaker with still tight lows but a little smoother midrange and treble.
You may want to try something like a Weber Silver Bell with 60 watt handling. What kind of music are you playing?
Quote by al112987
You may want to try something like a Weber Silver Bell with 60 watt handling. What kind of music are you playing?

Melodic/progressive/technical Deathmetal
Think At the gates but with more of a proggresive feel and technical lead guitar.
hmmm... ok never mind then, I don't think g12hs are what you're looking for...

you may just want to go with 2 V30s and be done with it. Idk... I wouldn't really call the v30 a huge bass, glassy highs speaker... I honestly think midrange when I think of v30s.
Quote by al112987
hmmm... ok never mind then, I don't think g12hs are what you're looking for...

you may just want to go with 2 V30s and be done with it. Idk... I wouldn't really call the v30 a huge bass, glassy highs speaker... I honestly think midrange when I think of v30s.

Well what speaker comes to mind when i say Glassy highs and tight bass?
Honestly, a g12h30... Haha... but usually I think of Hendrix or Page rather than At The Gates.

I don't know, I guess you COULD try a combination of a V30 and G12T-75. The 75 is a pretty dry, scooped sounding metal speaker with a lot of highs and a lot of lows. The v30 has more musical lows and are not the "in your face" kind of metal low end.
Quote by al112987
Honestly, a g12h30... Haha... but usually I think of Hendrix or Page rather than At The Gates.

I don't know, I guess you COULD try a combination of a V30 and G12T-75. The 75 is a pretty dry, scooped sounding metal speaker with a lot of highs and a lot of lows. The v30 has more musical lows and are not the "in your face" kind of metal low end.

well considering its more "musical" that will help with the melody.
Quote by al112987
Depends on the amp you're using and tone you're looking for...

v30s and g12h30s generally make a pretty good combo. But you'll only have 60 watt handling with that setup.

V30s handle 60 watts by themselves so the g12h30s couldn't handle only 0 watts.
Quote by acdcrocks0323

No, you see the g12h30 is 30 watts.
2xthe lower watt speaker = power handling.
Quote by acdcrocks0323

No, you're signal is being split if you're using two speakers of the same impedance so you're putting out 60 watts, 30 would go to the v30 and 30 would be going to the g12h30. Volume-wise they'd be roughly the same if they're of the same efficiency.

However, if you're putting out 100 watts, 50 of those watts would be going to the g12h30, and you're risking blowing them out. So effectively, by putting a lower wattage speaker in there, you're limiting the total power handling if you want to save that speaker.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I feel ashamed. First time I have ever been facepalmed.

Its ok haha its my first time using the new smily instead of the *facepalm* in text form.

But yeah mixing speakers doesnt use addition it uses that equation i posted.
Cant say you didnt learn something.
Mix Texas Heats with V30's. They work wonders together.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
If you're thinking about mixing a V30 with another speaker check out a Celestion G12T-75 or a G12K-100. They are both similarly voiced to the V30 but they both feature a bit tighter bass response and a bit more highs than the V30. They will help round out your tone a bit and they are both great for metal.