Hey guys

I've just been thinking a lot lately about life. I recently turned 18 and I am finding difficulty maintaining inspiration. By that I mean confusion I guess, I am having trouble coming to terms with what life is all about. I think a lot, you could consider me a "thinker" I guess, in the sense that I overthink about pretty much everything, especially why it happens. Lately it feels like ive come to realize that life is not at all what we may imagined it would be like when we were younger, when everything seemed so euphoric back then. Now it feels like the world is getting worse and worse, and its inevitable. Look at the state of things, its like nobody knows what the hell is going on. I've come to the conclusion that religions are just a crutch for people who feel maybe the same as me to lean on, because there is nothing brighter for them to look forward to than the fabricated image in their mind of a happy post-death environment of eternal joy A.K.A Heaven. Im not about to submit to that idealogy and I feel theres something more to it that mainstream lifestyle and the corrupt media have obscurred. It just feels like there is no authentic thrill in the world. Look at it guys, im being serious here, when you look around what do you see?. All I see is society built on the foundation of consumerism, what the hell is consumerism. You have to buy everything now, its all about this f*cking paper called money that transcends the importance of anything else, that people are disregarding morals and defying just about everything youd think is essential for normal functioning society, just so they can get money. I honestly feel from reasonable logic, and I like to maintain that I AM a moral person, that the only way to fix this is a drastic change of thinking for the whole world... or a LOT of people die. Weve engorged ourselves ignorantly in drastic new ways of living that create by-product we disregard, that kills the world around us and everything we dont worry about, which are really the essential things that we should be cherishing. Were cutting down all of our forest, therefore making countless species extinct who too live on this planet in case we may have forgotten that too, just so we can provide more housing and supplies for all of our indulgent race to thrive on, and go buy more american eagle clothes. I think its all causing Humanity to become vain in an inevitable neverending desire for everything. Sometimes I wish there was a button that could just end it all, seriously dont you just get sick of it. Its literally too much to rant about.. its all becoming a joke amid the underlying seriousness of whats really going on.
Equipment
Ibanez RGT42FX
Takamine G406S
Randall RG100G3
Digitech Metal Master
My god I can't believe I just read that.

And yeah, welcome to being 18. Come hop in the sinking ship with the rest of us.

Realizing that sounds a little bit cold, let me explain. I've been having days like this a lot recently as well. And the only conclusion I've come to is that the world is going slowly down in flames and all of us are going down with it. The only option we have is to bitch about it or try our best to act like it's not happening. And although I don't recommend either one, those are the only two options we have until we find a better answer.
Last edited by archangels666 at Sep 24, 2008,
Quote by archangels666
My god I can't believe I just read that.

And yeah, welcome to being 18. Come hop in the sinking ship with the rest of us.

+1

Humans suck. Welcome to enlightenment.
there is only so much individual beings can control,
the only sanctity you can maintain is created when you affect what you CAN control positively, helping other people when you can, attempting in your own small way to affect the world positively. No one man can fix the human race, the individual parts must fix themselves, so that one day, we may be in at least some ways whole.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
i totally feel ya.. we all know the world is screwing up more and more by the second. why? cause it was said to be by the one and only god. read the bible and you'll get yer answers dude.
To the religion part:

To me religion is just an excuse for man kind to feel better about death/unknown. I think if religion was real then there wouldn't be so many different kinds and only be one.

I just had to add that because I was thinking about that today.

Hey me and you are "thinkers". lol
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
You have like the same beliefs as me dude.

Besides all that, ever just stare at the stars on a clear night?

I mean, i love the "simple pleasures" of life, guitar, video games, etc.

But really, you are IGNORANT, if you can look at the stars and say nothing else is out there.

Ive recently come to the realization that you had a a little while ago.

And really, i think that we shouldnt think about it that much, i dont believe in the "God" in the bible, and like you i believe religions are just a crutch to say "I dont know"

Look at the Indian legends, they made those up to explain things that they didnt know how they came to be.

I believe that we should just accept what is around us, be grateful, and be generally good to other people.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
You have like the same beliefs as me dude.

Besides all that, ever just stare at the stars on a clear night?

I mean, i love the "simple pleasures" of life, guitar, video games, etc.

But really, you are IGNORANT, if you can look at the stars and say nothing else is out there.

Ive recently come to the realization that you had a a little while ago.

And really, i think that we shouldnt think about it that much, i dont believe in the "God" in the bible, and like you i believe religions are just a crutch to say "I dont know"

Look at the Indian legends, they made those up to explain things that they didnt know how they came to be.

I believe that we should just accept what is around us, be grateful, and be generally good to other people.

Same feelings here. I don't think life is worthless, i think it's pathetic that we have to spend our lives in pursuit of the moments when we can enjoy what life really is.
Quote by RockGuitar92
To the religion part:

To me religion is just an excuse for man kind to feel better about death/unknown. I think if religion was real then there wouldn't be so many different kinds and only be one.

I just had to add that because I was thinking about that today.

Hey me and you are "thinkers". lol

you know dude. you are right about there being so much stupid religions.. thats for sure. but honestly. if you were to examine them and see what reallly is going on in those religions you would know which one is the right one. theres only one real religion out there. read the whole bible. not JuSt part of it. if you notice everything in the bible is true.why? look at the they said was going to happen. did it happen? its happening right now. right now you're asking yourself and maybe ask me why. all the answers are in that one book
i knew somebody a little while ago ,
trough this shit that we name internet
here it goes , its not my page
but,
it maybe also change your life:

http://www.myspace.com/awaiting77

i found something that i were seeking there

hope you find what you hope
Quote by freak180
you know dude. you are right about there being so much stupid religions.. thats for sure. but honestly. if you were to examine them and see what reallly is going on in those religions you would know which one is the right one. theres only one real religion out there. read the whole bible. not JuSt part of it. if you notice everything in the bible is true.why? look at the they said was going to happen. did it happen? its happening right now. right now you're asking yourself and maybe ask me why. all the answers are in that one book

Yeah I know what you mean. I believe in some aspects of all religion, but then I don't. I believe in coincidences and what not. The main thing that puzzles me though is that I have seen a ghost/spirit before and I am thinking of a scientific explanation, but I also believe the religion aspect of it.

I will agree every religion as one thing in common.....hope that everything will be alright.

That's all it is. A reason for people to progress through the hardest times.

Oh and yeah I will stop there as I know it should be in the religion thread.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I read your post TS.

I understand where you're coming from, however i don't agree. I see quite many things positive in this world that i hope as you get older, you will see too.

I'm turning 22 soon. I am older. I am wiser. I am much more comfortable with my life, seemingly moreso than you.

I used to think like you. But i've experienced the rare lush qualities of life that can't be seen or had by some comsumerism that is almost stereotypically trademarked to be 'happiness' these days.

I've also seen the pit of life. A friend of mine died earlier this year from cancer. He just turned 21. Probably the most beautiful thing i've ever seen is his strength, his love for life and just how many people saw that in him, and cared for him

For your product standpoint..i will be a glorified industrial designer (with an engineering background) in the next few years and i can tell you that people in my industry are under more pressure than you can imagine to fulfill the demands of consumers but do it with sustainable solutions.

The World is in dire state, i'm not ignorant or naive of that. But if we all thought like you TS as you do now, we would be well and truly finished.

i'm not insulting you mate, i just hope you'll begin to appreciate what other great things this planet has to offer.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by metaldud536
Dude learn to use paragraphs.

Chill out man just because my writing doesnt satisfy your standard's, doesnt mean it isnt just as effectively conveying the message.
Equipment
Ibanez RGT42FX
Takamine G406S
Randall RG100G3
Digitech Metal Master
rl;dr=really long did read

I agree.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Burnt Ice
Chill out man just because my writing doesnt satisfy your standard's, doesnt mean it isnt just as effectively conveying the message.

If you were to read a newspaper and it had your style of writing, you probably wouldn't read it either.
I didn't read it all but it seemed like a combination of nihilism and incoherent ranting.
TS just needs to chill out, no point in worrying over things that can't be helped ya know or that are already done with? "No use crying over split milk." seems to fit this quite nicely I think.

Try to live life to enjoy it, enjoy every second of it. You are not given life as a human, you are lent it, and it can be taken away at any time.
Quote by damnphrophet
i knew somebody a little while ago ,
trough this shit that we name internet
here it goes , its not my page
but,
it maybe also change your life:

http://www.myspace.com/awaiting77

i found something that i were seeking there

hope you find what you hope

Wtf was that? A Kurt Vonnegut story?
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
I am glad I read all of that, so I'll just say this:

Life is only what you make of it, and only you matter in life.

I think instead the title of this thread should be "What is humanity becoming"
Just look for adventure in life, there are still paths that haven't been traveled, mentally and in the world itself.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by Burnt Ice
Hey guys

I've just been thinking a lot lately about life. I recently turned 18 and I am finding difficulty maintaining inspiration. By that I mean confusion I guess, I am having trouble coming to terms with what life is all about. I think a lot, you could consider me a "thinker" I guess, in the sense that I overthink about pretty much everything, especially why it happens. Lately it feels like ive come to realize that life is not at all what we may imagined it would be like when we were younger, when everything seemed so euphoric back then. Now it feels like the world is getting worse and worse, and its inevitable. Look at the state of things, its like nobody knows what the hell is going on. I've come to the conclusion that religions are just a crutch for people who feel maybe the same as me to lean on, because there is nothing brighter for them to look forward to than the fabricated image in their mind of a happy post-death environment of eternal joy A.K.A Heaven. Im not about to submit to that idealogy and I feel theres something more to it that mainstream lifestyle and the corrupt media have obscurred. It just feels like there is no authentic thrill in the world. Look at it guys, im being serious here, when you look around what do you see?. All I see is society built on the foundation of consumerism, what the hell is consumerism. You have to buy everything now, its all about this f*cking paper called money that transcends the importance of anything else, that people are disregarding morals and defying just about everything youd think is essential for normal functioning society, just so they can get money. I honestly feel from reasonable logic, and I like to maintain that I AM a moral person, that the only way to fix this is a drastic change of thinking for the whole world... or a LOT of people die. Weve engorged ourselves ignorantly in drastic new ways of living that create by-product we disregard, that kills the world around us and everything we dont worry about, which are really the essential things that we should be cherishing. Were cutting down all of our forest, therefore making countless species extinct who too live on this planet in case we may have forgotten that too, just so we can provide more housing and supplies for all of our indulgent race to thrive on, and go buy more american eagle clothes. I think its all causing Humanity to become vain in an inevitable neverending desire for everything. Sometimes I wish there was a button that could just end it all, seriously dont you just get sick of it. Its literally too much to rant about.. its all becoming a joke amid the underlying seriousness of whats really going on.

Are you tapping into my mind or something

I seriously share every idea that you threw out there. Every one.
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
Quote by tremeloud
I am glad I read all of that, so I'll just say this:

Life is only what you make of it, and only you matter in life.

I think instead the title of this thread should be "What is humanity becoming"
Just look for adventure in life, there are still paths that haven't been traveled, mentally and in the world itself.

Well said.

To the TS, when I feel what you're feeling, I sometimes think that I am perhaps weak mentally. When I feel these things, it worries me that I may not be prepared for the "sinking ship" as another poster said. I'm always doing things to strengthen my mental and physical perceptions and such. Always trying to see just what there is that we don't know about.

People criticize me for it a lot. I do things like chase storms, I've nearly driven into a tornado, and the whole paranormal thing just baffles me. Lucid dreaming, even the world of drugs (wouldn't recommend that one), though. It sounds silly but there are worlds out there we haven't explored.

Plus when I think of how cold humanity is to each other, I try to just remember from a biological standpoint that humans aren't generally friendly, and are territorial animals, yes animals.

Again it sounds ridiculously silly, but it's just my thing I guess.
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
dont take it too seriously man.

if u believe we are spirits (and not in that heaven/hell bullshit) then when u think about it life is just a game and pretty much all u can do is have fun and enjoy life.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
i understand you completely.
i had this realization not long ago, whilst on some crazy shrooms. and i full on stick to it 100%.
why aren't we out in the wild like every other animal? who said that humans have this sick right to build civilizations all over this planet? we own all land as much as the bears and the birds do, and here we are wrecking it for everybody. i'm wondering why aren't we all just going to go and live in the forest? wear no clothes? eat leaves and grass? it would be so damn peaceful and so beautiful. it comes down to health care etc, but i think a lot of health problems could be solved if we did not have things like processed foods and plastic, cigarettes and everything. we ruined ourselves, really, but there's no turning back now.

on a different note, yes, i would miss my toothbrush, and the odd luxury.. but if we had never introduced them in the first place, they wouldn't be there to miss.

i know i have horrible grammar btw.. apologies.
tl;dr
Kill yourself.

...God, what has the internet done to me???
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Is it just me or does the thread title make no sense?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
the only thing you can hope to achieve in life which will reduce the horribleness of the world to you is to find someone to love and be happy with them and start a family and bring your kids up well.

at least it would help, anyway.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.