Page 1 of 4
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/24/mccains-call-to-cancel-debate-met-with-resistance/?mod=googlenews_wsj

Anyone heard of this? This is absolutely unheard of, to cancel a presidential debate. He says he's doing it to help the economy, meanwhile he's only a senator, he can't do anything to help the economy at this point. If he wanted to help the economy he would go on with the debate and discuss how he would fix it himself. In my opinion he's afraid to debate Obama, because you can say what you want about his plans, but Obama is an extremely intelligent person, smarter than McCain. The press is already mad at McCain for not letting Palin be interviewed, I think the press is gonna go nuts with this.

What do you guys think?
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by StrokeMidnight
The press is already mad at McCain for not letting Palin be interviewed
Nu-UHHH! Sean Hannity interviewed her! He asks Palin the tough questions .
Quote by StrokeMidnight
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/24/mccains-call-to-cancel-debate-met-with-resistance/?mod=googlenews_wsj

Anyone heard of this? This is absolutely unheard of, to cancel a presidential debate. He says he's doing it to help the economy, meanwhile he's only a senator, he can't do anything to help the economy at this point. If he wanted to help the economy he would go on with the debate and discuss how he would fix it himself. In my opinion he's afraid to debate Obama, because you can say what you want about his plans, but Obama is an extremely intelligent person, smarter than McCain. The press is already mad at McCain for not letting Palin be interviewed, I think the press is gonna go nuts with this.

What do you guys think?

first off, senators CAN do something about the economy, unless you think terms like "senate finance committee" is just a bs term. Also, McCain tried to get Obama to debate him countless times and Obama wouldnt. Obama agreed to go as well as McCain to washington and debate later. The debate ISNT canceled. Lastly the press is mad because they wouldnt let their press representatives in on a closed interview, an interview being taped. the press said they would boycott the Palin interview unless they had their own people present at the interview
This makes mcCain look really good if you ask me, whether or not he actually can do something. Either Obama looks like jerk for not doing anything or he looks like a jerk for jumping on the bandwagon.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
do you not remember the time obama canceled a debate? i don't remember the exact time, but it did happen. And i doubt he's scared of Obama and like Madcap said, Palin was interviewed

edit: after reading 007sixstrigs post, my mind's been refreshed. Maybe obama didn't cancel a debate, but he wouldn't agree to one many times.
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
why is obama bagging on mccain over this? that's all obama does, bag on mccain
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I think McCain should be allowed to back out...IF he sends Palin to debate for him
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by cap'n curry
do you not remember the time obama canceled a debate? i don't remember the exact time, but it did happen. And i doubt he's scared of Obama and like Madcap said, Palin was interviewed
I was joking because Palin being interviewed by Hannity is like Dawkins being interviewed by Bill Maher. It's just pointless because Hannity, like Palin, is just another republican with very little political education, and I used that analogy because Maher is a huge fan of Dawkins, as well as an atheist, so of course he's not going to try to make Dawkins look bad. Hannity is just going to ask questions that will make Palin look intelligent, when she isn't. Nobody has really asked her tough questions.
What are you talking about? There are many occasions that Palin has been asked to be interviewed and once or twice they did interview her and the McCain campaign made them take it off the air because she looked like an idiot.

I don't get you republicans. You go on and on about how Bush sucks so much, and then you say McCain is better even though he has the same exactly policies. Like the old saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times and I deserve to be shot.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
What a desperate political move. Look at me, I'm going to "help our country" and I can't be bothered to participate in this "petty" campaign battle.
Quote by The Madcap
I was joking because Palin being interviewed by Hannity is like Dawkins being interviewed by Bill Maher. It's just pointless because Hannity, like Palin, is just another republican with very little political education, and I used that analogy because Maher is a huge fan of Dawkins, as well as an atheist, so of course he's not going to try to make Dawkins look bad. Hannity is just going to ask questions that will make Palin look intelligent, when she isn't. Nobody has really asked her tough questions.

well now i feel like an idiot
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Quote by apak
why is obama bagging on mccain over this? that's all obama does, bag on mccain

No? The McCain speech was all about how bad Obama was and the Obama speech actually congratulated McCain for getting nominated. McCain actually called Obama names during his speech, and Obama tried to find level ground during his.
Quote by slaptasticdave
This makes mcCain look really good if you ask me, whether or not he actually can do something. Either Obama looks like jerk for not doing anything or he looks like a jerk for jumping on the bandwagon.

serious?

Looks like he's trying to buy more time if you ask me
Quote by silhouettica
I think McCain should be allowed to back out...IF he sends Palin to debate for him
That would be Christmas for the Democrats. If somebody would really debate her, or at least attempt to ask her a tough question, that would be bad for McCain because Palin doesn't know shit from shinola.
I still think more change lies within McCain and Palin.
I just saw Bush's presidential speach and hes using 700bil of our money. Oh happy happy joy joy.
I dont like Obama, him and hilary are very immature people who think ruling the country is about winning the election. The whoel point of an election is to elect someone who will do good AFTER being elected, NOT looking good campaigning.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
It's just so McCain will look "presidential" to voters, and because he doesn't want to debate Obama. The debate is about foreign policy though, not the economy.

I still think more change lies within McCain and Palin

Palin would be worse than Bush, I can gurantee you.
no offense, but ur an idiot. He wants to postpone it, not cancel it, and him and Obama are both going back to Washington no matter what, to help with the situation. As they both have said it is a bi-partision problem. So it is not just Mccain. He just wants to postpone it so They can deal with this. Obama jackass that he is, takes this opportunity to sling mudd and use this situation tp better his chances, when he said that they should still have it since the president has to do more than one thing at a time. What a jackass, what a stupid statement. If the President has a crisis to deal with in Washington he is not also going to schedule something not important for the same day. Obama is just an oportunistic bastard that is trying to take advantage of the situation. Way to take the low road Obama, nice Presidential skills.
Quote by The Madcap
That would be Christmas for the Democrats. If somebody would really debate her, or at least attempt to ask her a tough question, that would be bad for McCain because Palin doesn't know shit from shinola.

Katie couric interviewed her recently and she was getting so pissed because palin would talk about anything but the question asked.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
Quote by ak10
no offense, but ur an idiot. He wants to postpone it, not cancel it, and him and Obama are both going back to Washington no matter what, to help with the situation. As they both have said it is a bi-partision problem. So it is not just Mccain. He just wants to postpone it so They can deal with this. Obama jackass that he is, takes this opportunity to sling mudd and use this situation tp better his chances, when he said that they should still have it since the president has to do more than one thing at a time. What a jackass, what a stupid statement. If the President has a crisis to deal with in Washington he is not also going to schedule something not important for the same day. Obama is just an oportunistic bastard that is trying to take advantage of the situation. Way to take the low road Obama, nice Presidential skills.

The same thing could have been said about McCain and the RNC.
Quote by ak10

your makin people on you side look bad..theres no reason to call obama a jackass or bastard or TS an idiot
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Especially since mcCain backing out of the debate can be seen as him taking the high road for political gain.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
[quote="'Townson[BTE"]44']it's because obama will crush him with his jedi powers. mccain is fearful.
Barack Obama....

Or Mace Windu? o.O

Windu '08
Quote by scheck006
Katie couric interviewed her recently and she was getting so pissed because palin would talk about anything but the question asked.

That's what I heard, too. But, I haven't actually seen the interview.
Quote by scheck006
I'll have to watch that. I think I saw it at this one place I was eating dinner at, but the restaurant had it on mute.
Quote by StrokeMidnight

What do you guys think?

Actually McCain attempted to schedule pre-debates with Obama, all of which Obama declined as well, so stop being ignorant.
Quote by scheck006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM72M62jAUc

edit: why she thinks taking shots from a different political party is anything noteworthy is beyond me.
What a dumb fucking bitch.
As for the whole debate thing, I'm sure they will eventually debate, and if either of them ask to cancel, I won't jump to conclusions. What's really important is what happens once they debate.
Quote by scheck006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM72M62jAUc

edit: why she thinks taking shots from a different political party is anything noteworthy is beyond me.

yeah, shes not that great. Im a mccain supporter and i don't really like his choice with her
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Quote by ak10
Obama jackass that he is, takes this opportunity to sling mudd and use this situation tp better his chances

To be fair McCain has said a lot of blatantly untrue things about Obama to make him look bad.
One thing is certain, Obama is a better debater than McCain.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
One thing is certain, Obama is a better debater than McCain.

nah, the certain thing is that obama is a better speaker than mccain. lets wait until they actually debate until we say anything about who's better at it
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Page 1 of 4