i need some bass gear for my brother, who is practicing on my old banged up 5-string and practice amp. i have an SG and just got a Line 6 Spider III 75. i want a combo bass amp about comparable to the loudness of my line 6. we also want to get him just a cheap beginer's bass with a neck that is pretty short for his little arms (i'm thinking those boxed squire P-basses, but i'll listen to you're suggestions first.)

Oh and fyi we aren't really planning on playing real big crouds.
well crate makes a pretty good combo bass amp and if you wanna go P-bass their not too bad for being fenders but depending on what you play you could go with a b.c. rich cuz they have pretty decent sound or maybe an esp but if you wanna go price friendly P-basses arnt too bad hope it helps and good luck duder
For the amp, Fender would probably work just fine. I have a Rumble 100 and it isn't terribly loud, but I've gigged with it and it worked fine.

I've heard good things about the Squier Vintage 70's Modified.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Kear Bear
i need some bass gear for my brother, who is practicing on my old banged up 5-string and practice amp. i have an SG and just got a Line 6 Spider III 75. i want a combo bass amp about comparable to the loudness of my line 6. we also want to get him just a cheap beginer's bass with a neck that is pretty short for his little arms (i'm thinking those boxed squire P-basses, but i'll listen to you're suggestions first.)

Oh and fyi we aren't really planning on playing real big crouds.

I started with the Ibanez starter park, I think the bass would be more comfortable than the Fender for a small guy.
Quote by 14shadesofblue
get the ibanez GSR for him and get a 150-200W amp for him so he can be heard with your line 6

try this amp because its cheap and loud enuf

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B200-200W-1x15-With-Tweeter-Bass-Combo-104813787-i1399999.gc

this. though many love Ashdown too. try that if you can find it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom