Page 1 of 5
answer truthfully which guitarist's playing style you think matches yours the most. for me i'd have to say Dave Murray of Iron Maiden because i find hammerons and pulloffs very natural and easy and I like to string powerchords together in cool ways. he plays the second solo on the trooper for those of you who don't know maiden well.
whammy without the whammy bar kid

Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
John Frusciante, yet not on purpose...
Lord knows I'm weak, won't somebody get me off of this reef...
I would say.. Billy Corgan.. either him or James Iha... lol.. it just flows naturally..
kirk hammet (i don't do it on purpose) and adrian smith, i have a bluesy/rock style for metal.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
petrucci and gilbert for me.
esp the scales petrucci uses. then again my 2 fav, not like i try to be like them though haha just happens cause im most influenced, but ive started playing alot like paul waggoner too
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
frusciante during his mother's milk days and for bass P-Nut from 311. i combine reggae and funk in my bass playing.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
On electric, I'd have to say John Mayer with that blues feel to it, but on acoustic I'd be more like John Butler and Tommy Emmanuel.*

* I'm not comparing myself to these incredible guitarists, it's just an analogy.
Dear...

Chuck Schuldiner, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Mikael Akerfeldt, and Muhammed Suicmez furled into one awesome ball of awesome.

/egotism
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I don't know really. I play bass with the mentality of a keyboard player. All chords and arpeggios.
ace frehley mixed with clapton and some jack white thrown in there
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
I play an orgasmic combination of David Gilmour and Santana with funky fills a la John Frusciante...oh my, I seem to have came in my pants just thinking about that incredible sound
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
Quote by smb
I don't know really. I play bass with the mentality of a keyboard player. All chords and arpeggios.

so kind of like geddy lee?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
i'd have to say mine's mostly Robby Krieger, with a little Josh homme and Adam d thrown in sometimes.
dirt from the bravery, i like to incorporate the 8th note to make it feel swingish (bass)
Loomis of the technical side, with out thinking just straight aggro....riggs, or rob from cannibal
I don't know if its more of a want to sound like clapton or that i kind of do. I deffinetly try and play like him though. Especially when he was with Cream. A lot of women tone and throw in some wah wah everynow and then
Give me a 60's kind of life
depends on what im playing ethier i sould like
les claypool
chris wood from medeski martin and wood
or if mike gordon and phil lesh had a kid together that would be me but cutier lol
Probably a mix of Daron Malakian, Kurt Ballou, and a bit of Ben Weinmen.
R.I.P Samantha

My Gear
Esp Ltd M-400
Randall Rg75W Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something Acoustic
Several other cheap guitars/basses/Amps
I'm gonna say I don't know. I've taken a lot of things usually associated with other instruments and incorporated them into my playing. Jack of all techniques, shall we say? And I do so much varied things that I can't say "well, musically I think like this guy."
Quote by tona_107
So you suck?
Shannon Hoon.

A assure you he does not suck
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
As a bassist, I play alot like James Jamerson, unless you're a bassist, you probably don't know who he is, but he played on many of the old motown records and was truly a phenomenol musician.

After becoming comfortable with bass, I spent a long time taking an in-depth study of his lines. I didn't necesessarily learn how he made his lines (I was too young of a musician, I didn't understand music that far in-depth), I just learned to play them. But most of all I learned to feel what he did. And that "feel" I got was what I determined should be a proper bassline.

So now I've branched out into my own style, but I carry alot of his influence with me.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by funkbass369
so kind of like geddy lee?

That's a pretty good comparison actually.

I play guitar with elements of John Frusciante in BloodSugar and Califonication styles in that I try to fill space with both rhythm and melody. Specifically playing chords, then throwing in melodies whenever I get the opportunity.

Distorted I wanna say Billy Corgan-ish. Of course lacking the backing tracks but making power chord progressions into the backbone of what's going on.
on guitar Mike McCready

on bass its hard to pin it down, I used to be a Flea rip offer, now I think I'm pretty independant from any one style.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I try to sound like Alexi Lahio, both in my riffs and solos, but I suck.
Quote by webbtje
I've lost my bovine virginity.

I'm not even going to tell you what that means.

I loves bagels!

Proud member of the Trivium fans group
id say.... **** I cont play like any body, im just a freaky Frankenstein sunk machine. yes i know that was one of the lamest things Ive ever said.
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
A mix of Clapton, and Mick Ronson.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
micheal amott all my riffs are heavily influenced by him
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Page 1 of 5