ok , I've ben playing for 10 month , and I'm in love with guitar
but my amp is **** so I need a new one

I've spot one but i'm not sure

it's a line 6 30watt .. is this any goos for praticing mainly folk metal and hard rock
I also need a very good clean channel

what do you guys think ? any advice ?
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
i'd get a cube instead.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by acdcrocks0323
My advice is to listen closely to the advice we give you.

Don't get the spider. There are other modellers better like the Vypyrs and Cubes and Flextones (used) for the price.

ok , not a spider one
but do a ''normal'' line 6 of 30 watt is good for death metla- hard roekc and a good clean channel ?
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

Quote by jj1565
i'd get a cube instead.

well , maybe , whick one?
I've tryed to one of my first and I don't like the sound , but maybe another model sound better
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

Quote by bender424
ok , not a spider one
but do a ''normal'' line 6 of 30 watt is good for death metla- hard roekc and a good clean channel ?

?
Spider is their main line...
Ok look, for your budget and in fact in general with one questionable exception (the tube line, which is a tube/digital hybrid) Line 6 = bad. Definitely won't do death metal, hard rock tones sound passable at best and the cleans are horribly digital.
Also, what did you not like about the Cube and what is your gear?
you want to link what you're looking at?

as for the cube, i meant the cube 30 or 30x, guessing that you meant the spider 30
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Normal line 6? What model is it?

+1 to jenny, cube is exactly what I was thinking.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
There is no "normal" one. They have different model names. Spiders being the crappiest, Vettas the best, and Flextones in between.

Try out Flextones, Roland Cubes and Peavey Vypyrs. those will give you a good sound and good versatility. I like the Flextones best out of those. They can be found for $300 used.
ok I'll look for the cube
but for line 6 , I don't understand .. what kind of sound they do ?
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

if you mean this...

http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINSPIII30

it sounds like robots.

this one sounds good for the money. and has better than average quality.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLCUBE30X
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i dont see what everyones problem is with line 6 lol..i love em...theyre great for practicing...but only the spider III's and the new bogner valves...all other line 6 are pretty much garbage...oh and theyre pedals/PODs are kickass too...i think theyre awesome so screw all you non beleivers...i lobe my current 30 watt spider III and my next amp will probably b a spiderIII or Bogner Valve halfstack by line 6

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
no one i know has a problem with pods or line 6 valve...

all other line 6 are pretty much garbage

glad you like your amp tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by juancsego
i dont see what everyones problem is with line 6 lol..i love em...theyre great for practicing...but only the spider III's and the new bogner valves...all other line 6 are pretty much garbage...oh and theyre pedals/PODs are kickass too...i think theyre awesome so screw all you non beleivers...i lobe my current 30 watt spider III and my next amp will probably b a spiderIII or Bogner Valve halfstack by line 6

I am pretty sure the Vetta and Flextone series are great and the Spider (valve also) are garbage for price.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I am pretty sure the Vetta and Flextone series are great and the Spider (valve also) are garbage for price.

ok, i dont go by price cuz thats a retarded way to look at this...thats like saying i dont want a ferrari becuz theyre overpriced compared to a geo metro...and stop bashing line 6 all the time just cuz YOU dont like them...ur preference isnt the only one that matters asshole...lol

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
Quote by juancsego
ok, i dont go by price cuz thats a retarded way to look at this...thats like saying i dont want a ferrari becuz theyre overpriced compared to a geo metro...and stop bashing line 6 all the time just cuz YOU dont like them...ur preference isnt the only one that matters asshole...lol

Well excuse us for trying to suggest amplification choices which the listener may find more pleasurable. Most of us find the distortion and sterility and generic-ness of line 6 spider tone to be unbearable. Maybe you simply haven't developed an ear for tone or are just plain ignorant to what we're trying to say. Grow up.

TS- What did you say your budget was?
Well excuse us for trying to suggest amplification choices which the listener may find more pleasurable. Most of us find the distortion and sterility and generic-ness of line 6 spider tone to be unbearable. Maybe you simply haven't developed an ear for tone or are just plain ignorant to what we're trying to say. Grow up.
QUOTE]

okay, I dont need to grow up,u do...i was stating my opinion in a joking matter to someone else YOU were being stupid about it and took it the wrong way, the main reason i like those amps in the first place is cuz its easier than goin out and buying an amp and then an ass ton more cords and pedals when, with all those accesories added to the price, its about the same...the ease factor is very high and, for the price, they have a generally good sound for PRACTICING which is what this guy was asking about in the first place...I win

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
oops fudged up the quote lol

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
Quote by juancsego
Quote by Highwaytohell

okay, I dont need to grow up,u do...i was stating my opinion in a joking matter to someone else YOU were being stupid about it and took it the wrong way, the main reason i like those amps in the first place is cuz its easier than goin out and buying an amp and then an ass ton more cords and pedals when, with all those accesories added to the price, its about the same...the ease factor is very high and, for the price, they have a generally good sound for PRACTICING which is what this guy was asking about in the first place...I win
You don't win, and because you blatantly called a senior member here a stupid, your opinion is void. Just because you began playing on a Spider and didn't develop an ear for tone doesn't mean the TS should too.

The Cube or Vypyr would be indefinitely better for him.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't force it on anyone, especially people that actually know what they are talking about and have been here a long time. You and a select few can think what you want about the Spider series, but the rest of us know they are crap.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by rwalby9
You don't win, and because you blatantly called a senior member here a stupid, your opinion is void. Just because you began playing on a Spider and didn't develop an ear for tone doesn't mean the TS should too.

The Cube or Vypyr would be indefinitely better for him.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't force it on anyone, especially people that actually know what they are talking about and have been here a long time. You and a select few can think what you want about the Spider series, but the rest of us know they are crap.

1st: i never called u stupid i said my opinion on ur pointless backlash
2nd: i never forced my opinion on anyone
3rd: y the hell r u still yelling at me when we both have very thoroughly agreed its all a matter of opinion

ur being very hypocritical about shoving opinions down peoples throats with the "everyone else knows theyre crap" comment

ALSO i DO have an ear for tone and they are better tone wise but that doesnt mean there better in all FOR THIS SITUATION the line 6, i feel, would b better becuz of its ease factor IN THIS SITUATION if i were given these options i would pick the line 6 IN THIS SITUATION...thats wat he asked, thats wat i answered...plus, average player, average amp, u dont give a two week old player a god like axe and expect him to shred...

and nice job pulling the IM A SENIOR MEMBER SO IM BETTER THAN U card...thats like ppl who bash on noobs cuz theyre new to a game u were new at at some time or another...lol... STUPID hahahaha

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
I'm going to ignore juanscego now.
No use really in arguing for more than 4 posts on the internet

TS- what is your budget?
^I'm guessing $200.

Try this guy, see if he will take an offer. $300 would be normal going rate but you never know. Classic 30. (Stop it, they work for bedrooms too)
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/msg/849766897.html

I checked for a cube but there weren't any. The Cube 30 would be a good amp for the TS as Jenny recs. Also try the Vypyr and see if it rocks your world. I have not played one yet so I can't give a solid rec on the Vypyr by any means, just try it. Vox Valvetronics Ad30 as well - I like that amp. Good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.