Just bought a JCM 600 and its on its way, I'm super stoked. But I don't have a cab, and probably wont have one until christmas. What can I use instead of cab until then, or is it better just to use my Spider III until then (lol)
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
How many watts is the head and how many watts is the speaker in your spider? We might be able to rig something. Other than that, maybe pick up a VJ cab or build one your self and throw a warehouse speaker in there.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
yeah dont turn it on without it plugged into a proper cab, or you could risk blowing it.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
A really large wattage resistor?

Yeah, you're better off just waiting to buy a cab before using it.
Yeah, like everyone else said, don't turn it on if it's not hooked up to a cab, because that is BAD BAD BAD!! Lol, and a VJ cab will do for now, and then just sell it when you get the other cab for Christmas.
sorry to semi thread jack
but how much difference is there between the 6, 8, and 900's?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

800 only has one channel. 600 has a couple, I think the tone is a little different between them. Don't know much about the 900's.

I know not to turn it on not plugged in, but can I risk frying the head if I put it into some stereo speakers?
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Quote by zacharydak
800 only has one channel. 600 has a couple, I think the tone is a little different between them. Don't know much about the 900's.

I know not to turn it on not plugged in, but can I risk frying the head if I put it into some stereo speakers?

I think you should worry about the stereo speakers in that case, mate...
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
if your spiders speaker connects to the head with a lead you can pull it out and put it into the jcm and play thats what i did with my new head and old combo.
Quote by Aesop_Rock
if your spiders speaker connects to the head with a lead you can pull it out and put it into the jcm and play thats what i did with my new head and old combo.

There's no input's at the back. Bloody Line 6.

I have a suggestion, not sure if it would work. But what if I were to plug the head into the input socket on my line 6, and bypass all the presets? Would that work?

Or would I just fry both of the amps.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
You'd definitely fry the spider and be at risk of frying the JCM. Just dont do it. How highly rated is the spiders speaker? If you know how to use a soldering iron you could disconnect the speakers wires and solder it up to an input jack. Then use a normal speaker cable to connect it to the JCM.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
You'd definitely fry the spider and be at risk of frying the JCM. Just dont do it. How highly rated is the spiders speaker? If you know how to use a soldering iron you could disconnect the speakers wires and solder it up to an input jack. Then use a normal speaker cable to connect it to the JCM.

I would be able to do that, but I kind of don't want to frankenstein my Spider as much as I hate it. To resell etc.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Quote by zacharydak
I would be able to do that, but I kind of don't want to frankenstein my Spider as much as I hate it. To resell etc.

Buy a cheap speaker from Warehouse Speakers and a jack. Grab some plywood and build yourself a little cab, mount the speaker in it, and wire the speaker to the jack. Shouldn't cost you more than $60-ish and it will get the job done until you get a proper cab.
Quote by zacharydak

My 2 channel 800 begs to differ. I think the 600 is voiced similar to the 900 but not sure as I've not heard a 600.