I dont know if i should get a multi effect pedal, the pocket pod, or just buy seperate pedals

if i decide to buy seperate pedals, which ones should i get first.... i want delay, flanger, chorus, wah, and so on

so can someone please tell me which ones i should get in order

thank you
Playing style, budget, how fast do you need them? Amp?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Well generally seperate pedals is the best. I'd say buy wah/distortion first, then maybe delay/chorus/flanger, an EQ after that, and then whatever other stuff you want.
If you're looking for a TON of options, go with a nice multi-effects pedal...especially if you don't have a great amp anyway. The advantage of separate pedals is that they provide better tone. But if you're just looking at messing with different sounds and whatnot, I'd say get a multi-effects. If you can afford it, go with the Pod X3 Live. My digitech rp250 is pretty cool, but it would be nice to have a better one.
I play alt rock, classic rock, metal and stuff like that... i have a crappy amp that i got with my fender... i have about 150 dollars
jesus christ man just go down to the store and try out a bunch and buy whichever YOU like the most. dont take anyones advice on which one you should buy first because their preferences arent the same as what you'd probably prefer. find something you like then get it or come back here and ask about it and what people think about it. pros and cons. that sort of thing.
thats what im diong... i just want to see whichever other ppl like... im still going to try and find the one i like the most... im just looking for the pros and cons now of what other people like
You should save up for a new amp imo.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
A Valve Junior combo is $150. Then start saving for pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I've been wanting to maybe buy a Digitech RP250. They're around 150$.

I think that's the way I'm going to go, just to get my first taste at effects. Then, maybe get single pedals after that.
If it's a tube amp, you're probably better getting individual pedals. (if it's a tube) Let the amp distort.
Otherwise, get an effects processor. Also, if you're using headphones, don't bother with an amp unless you need it.