Lately, and out of nowhere, I've been having a weird problem with my throat. Sometimes after I eat food it feels like the food is stuck at the back of my throat, real close to where that thing is that hangs down from the room of your mouth (can't remember the name). When this happens, it seems like my mouth produces a piss-ton of saliva, and my throat gets real sore. Also, my gums feel swollen and afterwards I get hiccups.

I'm not sure how to explain it too well. It just feels like a piece of food is stuck at the back of my throat and when I swallow it like makes a small "pop" (not a noise, but I can feel it). It's honestly unlikely to be food, as I've had melted chocolate cause this problem before.

Is it perhaps a tonsil problem (I think it's the wrong location, though?), maybe a problem of different sorts?

It's very troubling as I feel like I'm at that level where I'm getting close to puking, but know I'm not going to.

I need some halfway serious responses please, I've tried health forums, and Yahoo! answers, but frankly, they just have too few people. Maybe somebody on here can relate, who knows.
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
That wasn't interesting at all.

I want my 2 minutes back.

Oh and the best way to cure something like that is to get a healthy serving of doctor.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It seems like this is the same thing that happened to me a while ago. Mine just went away after a day. And the dangling thing is called a uvula if I'm not mistaken
Quote by PitaPita
I've tried health forums, and Yahoo! answers, but frankly, they just have too few people. Maybe somebody on here can relate, who knows.

So you turn to the pit?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
So you turn to the pit?

Lol yeah, I'm bored and I've gotta get a doc appt scheduled tomorrow, just now was when it became unbearable, hence why I am asking w.o having an appointment.
Duckksecks

you're Gonna Die! Quick! Kill Yourself Before Its Too Late!
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by metaldud536
You sure its your throat and not a little closer to your chest? Could be indigestion.

It feels like real close to the uvula, maybe closer to the adams apple area. My first thought was indigestion, and is likely the case. What about heartburn?
Duckksecks

Quote by sixwingmortal
you're Gonna Die! Quick! Kill Yourself Before Its Too Late!

/life
Duckksecks

Sounds like you need a "protein injection" administered orally.

Really.... see someone who knows what they're talking about dude.
Quote by HighPotency
May i be the first to say, you have AIDS

Ah, shit.
Fail.
Duckksecks

same thing has happened to me, usually when i've had too little sleep. i hate it everytime u swallow, feels like ur gonna hurl
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
been suckin' a little too much dick lately?

Duckksecks

Quote by PitaPita
It feels like real close to the uvula, maybe closer to the adams apple area. My first thought was indigestion, and is likely the case. What about heartburn?

Well I get something like that a lot after eating certain foods. It feels like you need to burp and when you swallow it down your throat growls n stuff. And something it's really strong burp that you feel like puking.

Heartbrun would be more painful so I don't think thats it.
Quote by K Dizzle
same thing has happened to me, usually when i've had too little sleep. i hate it everytime u swallow, feels like ur gonna hurl

Well I had no idea the lack of sleep had anything to do with it, but I also have not been getting the greatest of sleep lately.
Duckksecks

Quote by metaldud536
Well I get something like that a lot after eating certain foods. It feels like you need to burp and when you swallow it down your throat growls n stuff. And something it's really strong burp that you feel like puking.

Heartbrun would be more painful so I don't think thats it.

Yup, exactly. Did you ever get it checked or anything? Obviously I can't at this hour, and I don't feel it's ER-worthy.
Duckksecks

Quote by tonedeafidiot
I'm only going to say this once.

THE PIT IS NOT YOUR DOCTOR!

Chill. I was trying to see if anybody had had this happen before or if it was something I should consider getting checked immediately.
Duckksecks

it sounds a lot like acid reflex disease, my dad had the same symptoms and was diagnosed with it
ok heres a serious answer (even though the pit is not ur doc). i get this every now and then. if it is what i think it is then swallowing will make it irritate more. while i am no doctor, i have found that by spitting occasionally rather than swallowing the saliva it helps because the saliva is not irritating your throat. you dont have to constantly do it but every now and then do it a couple of times. especially if your by a sink or something. i hate to say it but spit dont swallow actually makes sense here in a non-perverted way. feel better
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

also, with regards to what k-dizzle said it also happens to me occasionally when i dont sleep enough for a long enough period of time but thats not the only time
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Quote by chaimwitz
it sounds a lot like acid reflex disease, my dad had the same symptoms and was diagnosed with it

I'll have to look into it more, I only know the bare minimums.
Duckksecks

Quote by the elshal
ok heres a serious answer (even though the pit is not ur doc). i get this every now and then. if it is what i think it is then swallowing will make it irritate more. while i am no doctor, i have found that by spitting occasionally rather than swallowing the saliva it helps because the saliva is not irritating your throat. you dont have to constantly do it but every now and then do it a couple of times. especially if your by a sink or something. i hate to say it but spit dont swallow actually makes sense here in a non-perverted way. feel better

Swallowing definately makes it worse, and I have to spit whether I want to or not because when I spit literally half of my mouth is filled with spit when I have this problem. It's real sick.
Duckksecks

Quote by PitaPita
I'll have to look into it more, I only know the bare minimums.

And after looking into it, acid reflux it has to be. It has "Milk and milk-based products containing calcium and fat, within 2 hours of bedtime" listed as foods that promote ARD, and almost every night for the last year or so I've have either a bowl of cereal or a glass of milk before I go to bed. I bet it's catching up to me.
Duckksecks

Your probably not mastercating properly. Thats my diagnosis.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by PitaPita
Lately, and out of nowhere, I've been having a weird problem with my throat. Sometimes after I eat food it feels like the food is stuck at the back of my throat, real close to where that thing is that hangs down from the room of your mouth (can't remember the name). When this happens, it seems like my mouth produces a piss-ton of saliva, and my throat gets real sore. Also, my gums feel swollen and afterwards I get hiccups.

I'm not sure how to explain it too well. It just feels like a piece of food is stuck at the back of my throat and when I swallow it like makes a small "pop" (not a noise, but I can feel it). It's honestly unlikely to be food, as I've had melted chocolate cause this problem before.

Is it perhaps a tonsil problem (I think it's the wrong location, though?), maybe a problem of different sorts?

It's very troubling as I feel like I'm at that level where I'm getting close to puking, but know I'm not going to.

I need some halfway serious responses please, I've tried health forums, and Yahoo! answers, but frankly, they just have too few people. Maybe somebody on here can relate, who knows.

Does it feel kind of greasy? If so you're probably about to have a small cold. My throat always feels like that right before I'm sick.
The only known cure is to chop off your dick.
OPINIONATED STATEMENT

Meaningful Song Lyrics
Inside my signature
Make me look deep
And misunderstood

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context hilarious quote!

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context compliment!

My Gear:
Awesome Shit
Cool Shit
Shitty Shit

Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
been suckin' a little too much dick lately?

There it is!

I was expecting that to be a unanimous response.

Your condition doesn't sound life-threating, but it sounds you might have a vocal cord polyp. I'm not sure of the symptoms, but I know it can be caused by acid reflux.

We should all make a bet on what the diagnosis is gunna be.
TS, post the results ASAP.
I'm going with vc polyp.

Anyone going with AIDS gets 3:1 odds.
Entry fee is 5 dolla.
And no dolla chopping either.
Quote by huevos
There it is!

I was expecting that to be a unanimous response.

Your condition doesn't sound life-threating, but it sounds you might have a vocal cord polyp. I'm not sure of the symptoms, but I know it can be caused by acid reflux.

We should all make a bet on what the diagnosis is gunna be.
TS, post the results ASAP.
I'm going with vc polyp.

Anyone going with AIDS gets 3:1 odds.
Entry fee is 5 dolla.
And no dolla chopping either.

Indigestion, it was.
=(.
Duckksecks

Indigestion? Oh my. How embarrassing. I bet the doctor told you the cure was a liberal dose of IcyHot to the penis; am I right?
Quote by pawnshopguitars
Indigestion? Oh my. How embarrassing. I bet the doctor told you the cure was a liberal dose of IcyHot to the penis; am I right?

Lmao. No, but I went for it anyway
>->
<-<
Duckksecks