Sup UG community
I would like to call this
-
-
-
Either a D5b or a C5# which is probably wrong but i just need a simple answer to what the heck this chord is so i can finish my song im writing. any questions or answers please post dont just look and leave
I'd probably call it a C#+b9 if anything. It's not really that much of a chord the way it stands. It doesn't have a third, and in all honesty it doesn't sound that great. It's probably best regarded as a passing tone in a progression.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
it depends on what key your song is written in
the scale that your key is based on has to have a letter from every note in it, so the use the appropriate enharmonic to fullfill that criteria
Just call it D/Db, which means a D chord with a Db as the bass note.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
I'd call it an inverted D chord. . .. major 7th by the way. . . .it has the seventh, fifth and the root. . . so D maj 7th in 3rd inversion. . . as for calling the bass note a Db on that, it would have to be a C# because in a scale you aren't supposed to list more than one tone. . . . unless it is more than a 7 tone scale. . . get what I mean?
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Notes Db/C# A D

Could be classed as a Dmaj7 (no 3rd) (3rd Inversion)

Or a simpler answer being D5/C#

Or A Majoradd11 (1st Inversion)

EDIT: Would you notate it add11 or add4? Does it matter?
Last edited by Galvanise69 at Sep 25, 2008,
Galvanise, you've been a member just as long as me hahaha.. . . as for your question on if it would be Add 11 or add 4 that is for complex intervals, in this case it would be add 4 because there isn't more than an octave of seperation between the notes.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris