boss ds1!!!!!!!!111!!

what amp are you using it with?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
which stupid fender amp. and what's your budget.

Don't judge me.
okay. you can buy a handbuilt boutique pedal or six and never make that amp sound good distorted. you need a new amp. unless its at least a 212.

Don't judge me.
First read some of the stickies
Than second off, realize that a crappy frontman will not get you good tone. Solid state amplifiers do not take kindly to distortion pedals. I suggest you look into a new amplifier. Save your cash and buy tube amp, for your budget, get at least like 600 than you'll have alot of options that kick ass available.
Metal Muff :O

Or Boss Mega distortion... iono, check around for video reviews on youtube and stuff.
At the cost of a pedal you can go grab a Peavy Vypyr 15 for $100. It sounds a lot better than running a "metal" distortion pedal through a frontman.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by Highwaytohell
First read some of the stickies
Than second off, realize that a crappy frontman will not get you good tone. Solid state amplifiers do not take kindly to distortion pedals. I suggest you look into a new amplifier. Save your cash and buy tube amp, for your budget, get at least like 600 than you'll have alot of options that kick ass available.

I'm under the impression from the unimaginable amount of "Just Get a Tube Amp", posts that Solid state amplifiers are the best choice for a distortion pedal as a tube amp shouldn't need one, if anything youd just need an overdrive pedal.

I use a metal muff through my RG100sc (Solid State) and it takes it very kindly.
I think that maybe if you are looking for something to practice with maybe just get a modeling amp with low wattage (Like Vyper or Spider) only for low wattage, otherwise you may want to look into a different amp (Maybe Randall ), simply because IMO a Fender frontman will never sound good even with a distortion, very nasaly I'd call it. Hope that helps.
My Setup:
Dean VMNT(Metallic Silver)
LTD DV8-R (Snow White)
Randall RG100sc
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by thesockmonster

Sarcasm: Killing any chance you ever had at scoring this guitar, since 1895.

THE TREND IS OVER!!!!
God these people are fools, All the boy needs for that Br00000000000000000000000000talzzz tone is a marshall MG!!!

all jokes aside mate, new tube amp definatly, then buy yourself a nice od, then you're set.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Box of Metal

But seriously, buy a better amp. ROland Cube would be good on a low budget.
Id have to say if you want a good distortion pedal buy the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ top boost.
Practice makes perfect... but why practice... nobody's perfect.
Line 6 Uber Metal pedal is what I've got, and I use it with my 15G Frontman at times. It's a decent pedal for around 100$ - gives you a choice in intensity of 'metal' you're looking for, same effects as the Line 6 Spider basically. Give it a try
Quote by thefrigginbob
At the cost of a pedal you can go grab a Peavy Vypyr 15 for $100. It sounds a lot better than running a "metal" distortion pedal through a frontman.

+1 to this except one more suggestion.

For $200 you could get the Peavey Vypyr 30. Better overall amp than your Frontman, PLUS you get a nice bunch of amp models, as well as a bunch of effects that you can use, not just simply distortion.

IMHO, that would be the best way you could spend your money, than simply getting a pedal to try to make a rather blah amp sound a little less blah. If you're really worried about tone, then a tube amp and a couple pedals would be the way to go, but you'll be looking at more than what you're willing to spend.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
tube amp. fo sho.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by Hakael
+1 to this except one more suggestion.

For $200 you could get the Peavey Vypyr 30. Better overall amp than your Frontman, PLUS you get a nice bunch of amp models, as well as a bunch of effects that you can use, not just simply distortion.

IMHO, that would be the best way you could spend your money, than simply getting a pedal to try to make a rather blah amp sound a little less blah. If you're really worried about tone, then a tube amp and a couple pedals would be the way to go, but you'll be looking at more than what you're willing to spend.

I agree. I own a Peavey Vypyr 30 and I think it would be the way to go. It has several amp models that have a great metal sound. 6505, XXX, JSX, K-Stein, Rec & Dzl one of these should have the sound your looking. Plus you've got other effects to play with.

I have a Metal Zone pedal and it's a good pedal but I rarely use it with this amp cause the amps distortion sounds better.
Quote by maiden_mexico
tube amp. fo sho.

yes. that's a really good option on a budget, when you want distortion and other options.

baaaaaaadnnnndwaaaaaggggoooonnnnsss.

Don't judge me.