Well, first off, what are the differences between a 1 piece body and a 2 piece body besides the obvious? Strength? Sustain? Sound?

And the differences between these two heel contours-

and

Strength differences? Frankly, I'm leaning towards the second one for the body.
The argument for one/two peice bodies is is that a one peice has better sustain, but seriosly, they're bound together sooooooooo tight the diferance is minimal (purely cosmetic), as for the heal contour, you should go for the one with the most contact with the neck, it'll give better resonance in the neck.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by R.D
The argument for one/two peice bodies is is that a one peice has better sustain, but seriosly, they're bound together sooooooooo tight the diferance is minimal (purely cosmetic), as for the heal contour, you should go for the one with the most contact with the neck, it'll give better resonance in the neck.

+1 you know ur shit dude
The glue used to join the pieces in 2+ piece bodies will influence the tone. It's probably not a huge deal with 2 pieces, but when you get into 3 or more, that's quite a bit of glue. The glue evidently effects the high end, which may or may not be a good thing depending on the wood used and what tone you want.
The second heel you showed has been used on a few Fender models, most notably some of the Jeff Beck models. It's not all that popular, mostly since you can't change out the neck very easily and it doesn't offer very much more in the way of fret access. I'd just use the regular heel.
1 piece bodies can have a tendency to warp more. I'd have thought the difference in tone would be negligible.

I've got the 2nd heel on my deluxe. I find it much more comfortable like that but it's personal preference.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
It depends on what brand batteries in your Tubescreamer.

If you are a Duracell/Energizer man then you should will probably prefer a body joined with Titebond or a modern glue.

If you prefer the tone of non-Alkaline batteries like Ray-O-Vac you're probably going to enjoy the mojo you will get from hide glue.

Seriously, I have had both and honestly couldn't tell a difference.
well, one-piece is more expensive, that's for sure.

one thing i'd say is, some of the manufacturers aren't above putting veneers on the body to make them appear to be less pieces than it really is. look along the edge of the body, rather than at the body, as they normally don't bother veneering the sides...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?