Systems like that, while they may sound very good, are not suited well for recording.

You want something with as flat an output as possible, for the most accurate mixes.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
oh i have those, they sound really nice for listening to music, but i don't think they'd be great for recording
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Im getting these for $40 something around that area. Really good price... I just need some new speakers mine are kinda old.
As I said in one of your other posts on looking for speakers, these are not made for recording but they will sound ok...
You would probably be better off with a set of good headphones though as I find most of these logitechs with the small speakers on the desk cut out the mids quite a bit. Another set of Logitechs I have sound great but the massive woofer puts out way too much bass even at the lowest setting.
cheaper isnt always better, It's usually the other way around when it comes to audio gear...

Speakers are hard to pick out, you really have to hear them to know if you will enjoy them. If you can, try them at stores like BestBuy or something before ordering online.
Quote by moody07747
cheaper isnt always better, It's usually the other way around when it comes to audio gear...

Speakers are hard to pick out, you really have to hear them to know if you will enjoy them. If you can, try them at stores like BestBuy or something before ordering online.

Well it says that the philips mms430 is better in bass then the Z4. I don't know anymore man..
Quote by life_777
Well it says that the philips mms430 is better in bass then the Z4. I don't know anymore man..

if a speaker describes itself as "Better" in bass then it definatly isn't going to give you an accurate representation of the sound.

if you want an accurate sound that you can do a mix with, then a proper set of monitors is the only option. otherwise, ANY computer speaker will do fine, they're all in-accurate, so there'll be little difference in the results.

i spent ages trying to convince myself that i didn't need monitors, whilst also struggling to mix anything on my crappy speakers and headphones.
^That's True.

I wish I can test these out at store. But, It's kinda weird because I don't have money in my pocket and Im asking to compare like two speakers together with music then leave... Aww man...