i played my fender last night and i noticed that either the 9th or 10th fret sounded a little bit "weird", but all other frets sound ok. i have sent it for a set up before and i always tune it before i play. what do you think it is? it could be a dead note but im not too sure.
If it's been properly set up then it could be a problem with your fretting technique, the string, or even your ear.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
im having a similar problem with my Ibanez SR300 its only 45 days old and only the 9th fret on my A string buzzes no matter what setup changes i make i guess we have "dead notes" you can see my thread about 9 down from this one titled SINGLE fret buzz maybe some answers there can help you as well im gonna try a new set of strings and just in case that doesnt work ive scheduled a shop visit for friday...

it sucks but GOOD LUCK to ya....
Could it be... *gasp* uneven frets in need of leveling? :P
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Could it be... *gasp* uneven frets in need of leveling? :P

this is probably it. a luthier may be the best choice.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
if it is uneven frets in eed of leveling, should i go to a guitar shop to do it? but before hand ill ask my dad to check it. he has been playing bass for about 20 years... thanks for the help guys!
Quote by malaysia_mari
if it is uneven frets in eed of leveling, should i go to a guitar shop to do it? but before hand ill ask my dad to check it. he has been playing bass for about 20 years... thanks for the help guys!

And you didn't ask him first?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
no cos my dad is real busy and cos there is such a wealth of knowledge on the board here i thought just ask you guys...
Quote by malaysia_mari
no cos my dad is real busy and cos there is such a wealth of knowledge on the board here i thought just ask you guys...

fair dos. ButI'd recommend taking it to a luthiers/guitar shop andget it done professionaly. Unless your dads had experience in this area
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115