Hey guys i have a toss up between a 4x12 1960A marshall cab, or a Mesa roadster 2x12 vin30/cel 90 ext cab . Id be gigging and using a single recto head. Thanks for your help
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Mesa boogie single recto series 2
Line 6 Toneport
Mesa boogie single recto series 1
Digitech GNX4
I live in australia and gear is expensive, those 2 cabs are second hand. I play metal.
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
Neither!

Go with a Port City, ear candy, mills acoustics, tone tubby, stone age, or Vader. The Genz Benz G-flex, Orange, Budda, Mesa, Diezel, Bogner, VHT, Krank cabs are all built very well as well.

IMO, buy cabs from people who specialize in building cabs.

The only advantage to buying a cab from a company with that head is that the cab was built to compliment the head (Framus does this really well) or get full use of all it's features (such as the roadking cabinet).

If you insist on matching a Mesa head with Mesa cabs, go with the roadking 2x12. FLCL cowdude said it sounded thicker than his Mesa recto 4x12. I personally would go with a Port City 2x12 with a V30 and V12legend.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
It... depends....

I'm not sure what the Mesa cab is like, but if you play metal, you may want to go with a 1960b straight cab. A 4x12 will give you more low end thump. Something tells me that the Mesa is not a huge oversized 2x12, but I could be wrong, regardless, the Marshall with a quad of G12T-75s should not be short of big low end for metal.

I wouldn't suggest you buy either of them if you're buying new though. But used, you can get great deals on them. But if you're about to spend $800-$900 (US equivalent), you may want to look at custom cabs.
both are about $700 each, the mesa cab is closed back.
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
Id go the Mesa mate, plus it will be easier to transport, take up less space etc,
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by al112987
It... depends....

I'm not sure what the Mesa cab is like, but if you play metal, you may want to go with a 1960b straight cab. A 4x12 will give you more low end thump. Something tells me that the Mesa is not a huge oversized 2x12, but I could be wrong, regardless, the Marshall with a quad of G12T-75s should not be short of big low end for metal.

The mesa cabs are basically as large as the bottom half of the recto cab. They're plenty large to allow for resonance and enhanced bass. A marshall 4x12 on the other hand is rather small, somewhat shallow, but loaded with bassy speakers. It's a win lose situation with both really.

You want a relatively large cab, with a good baffle, and great low end handling without having excessive low end, and being too much of a hassle to carry. Ported and theile style cabs project well, have loads of low and, usually 2x12, therefor not being too large, are a great option. The only problem I find is that if they don't have middy speakers, they can have a bit of a scooped sound.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio