Hi all,

New to here.. Have been mucking around for a little while on a Maton Acoustic. Need some help/advice in terms of strumming..

I have been usually mucking around without a pick and its affected my strumming when i do have a go with the pick. Combining the ups and the downs is my issue. I find it difficult to maintain a consistent sound as well as timing.

Any ideas?

ta
I realy want to learn more about strumming too..

I can do the basic chords and stuff but when i comes to strumming i suck..

Explain a song and describe how to strumm..

Like : C= UU DU, D=DD UD
Just go slow and smooth to start out with, count at the same time aswell.

1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &
D U D U D U D U

Then you can change the pattern easily just by counting to something like

1 2 3 & 4 &
D D D U D U
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Use a metronome. That's hands-down the best way to improve your rhythm.

Practice slow, play fast. Start the metronome around 50 - 60 bpm. Try a combination of patterns, like:

D U D U

D D U U

D D U D D U

U D D U U D D U D D U

etc.

The important thing is to do it slowly and accurately. Speed is a byproduct of steady accurate practice, not a result. Don't worry if it seems like you're going along at a snail's pace, once you have it down that snail's pace will turn into flowing, accurate strumming. Be paitent and you'll get it.

Hope that helps!
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
Use a metronome. That's hands-down the best way to improve your rhythm.

Practice slow, play fast. Start the metronome around 50 - 60 bpm. Try a combination of patterns, like:

D U D U

D D U U

D D U D D U

U D D U U D D U D D U

etc.

The important thing is to do it slowly and accurately. Speed is a byproduct of steady accurate practice, not a result. Don't worry if it seems like you're going along at a snail's pace, once you have it down that snail's pace will turn into flowing, accurate strumming. Be paitent and you'll get it.

Hope that helps!

Thanks mate, ill give that a crack..