Page 1 of 2
Hey Pit,
So I got a 6 pack of Heineken about two weeks ago, however, I put em in my closet and totally forgot about them. They stayed rather cool, didn't get all heated up or anything, so do you think they'll still be good?
They're the pop-top bottles if that makes any difference.

Cheers
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long
Quote by Hidden_Kitchen
reported

youd better watch it mate

You a mongoloid, go away

Yes the beers fine, just bung it in the fridge
Quote by Hidden_Kitchen
reported

i fail to see why you reported him.
seems like a legit post to me.
As long as it didn't heat up too much it'd probably still be good.

On the same line, I have a 5 hour energy here that is past it's expiration date, drink or no?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
It'll be fine. Drink that shit down.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
OH GOD THE BURNING! MAKE IT STOP!

EDIT: Kipkay pwns
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by BeastlyBassist
As long as it didn't heat up too much it'd probably still be good.

On the same line, I have a 5 hour energy here that is past it's expiration date, drink or no?

I'd say yes, haha, it'll probably mean its just more potent now.

Thanks everyone, I'll now have a good night thanks to the Pit! Haha
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long
Beer is usually stored by shops outside of the fridge, lol.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Chill it down first, warm beer tastes like dung and puffs up once it goes in.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by sargasm
Should be just fine.

And if you want to drink it now, rather than waiting for it to chill in the fridge, check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc9BHiQUpWU

It's a useful trick that may help you out in this case.

I wouldn't advice this sargasm. Its not good to keep rerefridgerating beer its more sensitive than other beverages and spoils more easily.
yeah man they probably sat in a warehouse for a couple of months before you bought em
I have awesome hair
Just check the expiration date. I don't like old beer but that's just me. Just put them in the fridge and they'll be fine.
I doubt they're still good, they were bad before they left the factory :P I honestly don't get how people can drink Heineken, to me it tastes horrible, and has made me very sick many times off of a small amount, meh, but to each his own
NO definetly throw it out. don't even open it. Its poisnous! Heiniken is poisonous! Any other beer would be fine BUT NOT A HEINY!!!!

/ lame
your beer is long gone dude.... post it my way if you would.....
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
Quote by ravioli123
I doubt they're still good, they were bad before they left the factory :P I honestly don't get how people can drink Heineken, to me it tastes horrible, and has made me very sick many times off of a small amount, meh, but to each his own

You are a pussy :P What beer do you drink?

I'm not saying I necessarily love Heineken but I think it's quite nice.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by Xplozive
You are a pussy :P What beer do you drink?

I'm not saying I necessarily love Heineken but I think it's quite nice.

Lol, I didn't mean that I am a lightweight. I drank a keg of it before on my birthday and I thought I liked it, then I had a pint of it a week later and there was something rotten about it, I haven't been able to have a full pint of it since.
As for my choice of beers, I'll drink anything really, I mainly take Guinness, Bud, Carling when in the pub, but if I'm drinking at home or at a friends, I usually go for the cheaper variety, Steininger, Ureich, Hollandier, Bavaria, Dutch Gold and Excelsior lol Like I say, I'll usually take any beer, but Heineken has always tasted very fake to me, like theres something unnatural about it. It also goes bad very quickly I find, I enjoyed drinking from the keg because you could freshen the pint every few minutes, but getting a keg is a lot of effort to drink Heineken lol
Quote by Hidden_Kitchen
reported

Rofl at Sep 08'er that gets banned after reporting like an idiot.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by freedoms_stain
Beer lasts years generally, 2 weeks is nothing unless you bought them within a week of their use by date.

not years, a few months yes. also depends on the beer and the amount of perservatives(bad tastes) you put in the beer.

but its the act of warming and cooling that does the damage, not the age. if you have cold beer that goes warm, then you cool it again, its going to be flatter than when first bottled/chilled. it should be fine, and since your keeping it in your closet, i assume your under age and any beer is good beer.
beer doesn't go bad... it's alcohol.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Hidden_Kitchen
reported

So the day that you become a member, you think you can go around reporting people for absolutely no reason. **** off please
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by captivate
beer doesn't go bad... it's alcohol.

uhh.. hard liquor dosnt, beer does. beer is fermented, where as hard liquors are distilled, evaporating the alchohol off the top once its done fermenting. when you ferment a beverage you add yeast to eat the sugars and their by-product is alcohol among other flavors, depending on the variation of yeast and the ingredients you use in the mix. you let it sit for a certian amount of time to let the yeast achive the flavor and ABV your looking for then bottle it and let it naturally carbonate with the leftover sugar/yeast interaction. beers an organic(alive organic, not made w/o chemicals etc organic) beverage, where liquors are sterile. i usta brew my own beer and had to read alot on this. if you look at any major beer companies bottle, its got an expiration date on it, and usually a born on date as well now.

leave a beer out in the sun for a week or so, see what happens. it will get nasty. do the same with vodka or whisky. it wont do anything aside from outside interfearences.
Quote by chris024
uhh.. hard liquor dosnt, beer does. beer is fermented, where as hard liquors are distilled, evaporating the alchohol off the top once its done fermenting. when you ferment a beverage you add yeast to eat the sugars and their by-product is alcohol among other flavors, depending on the variation of yeast and the ingredients you use in the mix. you let it sit for a certian amount of time to let the yeast achive the flavor and ABV your looking for then bottle it and let it naturally carbonate with the leftover sugar/yeast interaction. beers an organic(alive organic, not made w/o chemicals etc organic) beverage, where liquors are sterile. i usta brew my own beer and had to read alot on this. if you look at any major beer companies bottle, its got an expiration date on it, and usually a born on date as well now.

leave a beer out in the sun for a week or so, see what happens. it will get nasty. do the same with vodka or whisky. it wont do anything aside from outside interfearences.

ohh, i see. thanks for the explanation!
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
ohh, i see. thanks for the explanation!

np, i got into home brewing for about a year, and well... it taught me alot.
Quote by chris024
np, i got into home brewing for about a year, and well... it taught me alot.
I want to give that a shot actually, think it would be cool to try out.
Quote by theguitarist
Beer is usually stored by shops outside of the fridge, lol.

I'm not following. Outside the what?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by freedoms_stain
refridgeration unit.

What's that?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Beer lasts for years anyway, regardless of temparature change. It's vacuum sealed, and you'd know if it had gone off.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by sargasm
Should be just fine.

And if you want to drink it now, rather than waiting for it to chill in the fridge, check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc9BHiQUpWU

It's a useful trick that may help you out in this case.
slick! kinda like making ice-cream the old-fashioned way.

Quote by jimbob78
Beer lasts for years anyway, regardless of temparature change. It's vacuum sealed, and you'd know if it had gone off.
nnnope.

beer gets nasty after a year.
3 months and the flavor begins to suffer.
6 months and you might still drink it.

heat is a HUGE enemy to beer.
a few weeks in a hot car, and a bottle or can of beer will taste wretched.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Page 1 of 2