It's hilarious. Not scary at all.

If you want scary, watch the original John Carpenter version of Halloween, The Grudge, or, for "what the hell is this" pushed-to-the-limits gore, "August Underground's Mordum"/"August Underground's Penance".
I don't think it's hilarious^ but it scared me when I was younger. Now, not so much.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
that movie wasn't scary at all

if anything, it was camp

watch the blair witch project if you want to be scared....
Quote by Kinks>Stones
It's hilarious. Not scary at all.

If you want scary, watch the original John Carpenter version of Halloween, The Grudge, or, for "what the hell is this" pushed-to-the-limits gore, "August Underground's Mordum"/"August Underground's Penance".

Fail.

Quote by blackflag49
that movie wasn't scary at all

if anything, it was camp

watch the blair witch project if you want to be scared....

FAIL
People that find it funny either watched it in the middle of the day with their dickhead friends around or are WAY too desensitised. The last time I checked, crucifix masturbation was not hilarious.
EDIT: To answer the question, watch it. It isn't terrifying but it's still a great movie.
it's not scary. just the spiderwalk freaked me out.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Adam_G
or are WAY too desensitised.

Summed me up in a nutshell

Apart from the aforementioned films, I rarely get scared by horror
It just doesn't stand up to today's graphics unfortunately. I first saw it when I was about 11, and I was scared, but I watched the director's cut about a year ago and it's not frightening. First timers might be a bit freaked, but generally it doesn't live up the hype (in terms of shock-value, it's still a great film).
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
In terms of mood/tension I think The Omen is probably a better "old-school" horror film. What did you guys think of that one in comparison? I don't think it has the "campiness" that some of you got from The Exorcist.
I watched it when I was 11. You can kind of imagine the effect it had on me. Nowadays, mer. So so. Waynes World is probably scarier.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Scariest movie I saw recently was REC, sure it's in Spanish, but the last 10 minutes scared the hell out of me. Those 10 minutes are scarier than the whole of the Exorcist.
Your mom is scarier
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

go watch the hills have eyes.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Youv'e probably seen much worse on the internetz...

I also found it quite camp. ^
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

I've found that all the 'horror' films I've ever watched were more humorous than scary.
They just don't work at all for me =\
The Exorcist was undoubtedly scary when it was released but all the spoofs of it have made people less scared. I don't like to be one of the people that says ''The Exorcist is funny lol'' but I had to laugh at the bit when she backhands her mum
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Quote by CrimboJones
Scariest movie I saw recently was REC, sure it's in Spanish, but the last 10 minutes scared the hell out of me. Those 10 minutes are scarier than the whole of the Exorcist.

Same, that's the only horror movie that's scared me recently. Its awesome!

However, Exorcist sucks.
last movie that scared me was probably Wes Craven's 'They', which was about creatures from another dimension that didn't like sunlight (but could somehow disrupt electricity and put out the lights) and captured people and brought them back to their dimension for who-knows-what. It got bad reviews, but it was pretty good, in my opinion.
I accidently heard about 5 seconds of "the real life exorcist" on youtube and that was ****ing scary enough...
despite what you hear it's not scary - when it came out people thought it was scary but you watch it now and it's just funny
I have awesome hair