if I were to put a tube amp in the luggage hold of a plane? Assuming there's enough packaging. Would the tumbling screw it up?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
ummm...I'd think that you'd need to get one of those heavy duty badded steel cases that the army uses to transport equipment.

I know they make them

And as always, insure it. That way if it breaks you get some money back, and maybe you can buy a new amp and then just buy a new set of tubes and then have TWO amps!
Ok thanks. How much do those things run for?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
^depends on the size of the amp, Ebay has some prty good deals on similar style cases, usually they can be had around 100-200 dollars shipped. Honestly though most tube amps are built real tough so it should be alright as long as you pull the tube befor you put it on the plane.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Generally, you would romove the valves and carry them on seperately in hand luggage.
Flight cases are where its at for flying/touring amps. What are we talking here? a combo or head?

For flightcases, you want to find someone locally. If theres any sort of music scene in your local area, there will be a flightcase manufacturer. Tell them the model of the amp, and they'll make you up a case that fits perfectly. It wont completely protect against damage, but its about as good as it gets.

Beware of ebay bought cases. They frequently use cheap materials, and offer little protection when compared to a proper, well built case.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Ok thanks.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you