EDIT: Oops that thread title was supposed to read "Any harmonica experts" or "anyone a harmonica expert"

I just started playing, practising bends n basically clear notes.

That's me playing (1,2) /\ and \/ lots of times, followed by 1 \/ (with a bend) and then 2 \/ also with a bend.

I can play every note clearly one way or another, but my 2nd hole seems to sound a bit tinny and toneless.
Is there something wrong with the harp or is that just me?

recording

(not a great recording)
Last edited by Gaz_m2k5 at Sep 25, 2008,
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
I just started playing, practising bends n basically clear notes.

That's me playing (1,2) /\ and \/ lots of times, followed by 1 \/ (with a bend) and then 2 \/ also with a bend.

I can play every note clearly one way or another, but my 2nd hole seems to sound a bit tinny and toneless.
Is there something wrong with the harp or is that just me?

recording

(not a great recording)
The second holes a bitch. For some reason which eludes me, the reed on the second hole is always stiff and way too thick (on EVERY harp)

Stick the harmonica further in your mouth.
Lower your jaw a bit more (making your mouth bigger), but try not to bend that note in doing this.
Perfect your breathing. Breath with your diaphram, think of yourself breathing through your feet out through the harmonica. Not with your throat into the harmonica.
Thicken your lips and make them slightly firmer, this makes stiffer reeds slightly easier to play.
Bendings also a little more difficult on this hole (even though this bend note is REALLY important, its a leading tone).
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Okay thanks for the tips.
At least there's nothing wrong with my harmonica
Unless you're modding your harmonica to play overblows (like me), there'll never be anything wrong with your harmonica (I regret what I did to my baby sometimes). It'll take years for you to even start noticing your reeds are wearing out.