hey guys im thinking of buying a flying V for my next guitar,

can you guys tell me whats good about it and whats not good about it?

and will it be hard for me to switch? currently i use a strat type of body and i saw the V has no leg curve things on it.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
can't play sitting down well at all.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
When you sit using a V, you should sit using the classical guitar pose. just rest the opening between the wings on your lap and you should be fine.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
Quote by crimson moon
When you sit using a V, you should sit using the classical guitar pose. just rest the opening between the wings on your lap and you should be fine.

I saw Kirk Hammet do it once .

I think that, at least for looks, it's a beautiful guitar !

Never played one though .. Good luck on that
oh yeah,

i remember watching a video of kirk putting the V curve on his right leg

Originally posted by GOD
i went from a starter strat style guitar pack thing to an Agile Reaper (like a custom Rhoads style) & i prefer the Agile so much more & i feel its more comfortable to play sitting down, as well as standing
I want a V so bad but it is difficult finding a decent left-handed one. Schecter does a left-handed V but it looks odd in my eyes .

Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
are flying V's usually for metal?

im into metal but occasionally i play a bit of improv blues, but the sound mostly comes from the amp right??

currently i own a small practice amp, should i use my current guitar and buy a new amp instead or a new guitar?

Originally posted by GOD
Most of the tone comes from your fingers and the amp. The guitar (Its wood and pickups) helps but most people would agree the the Amp forms the majority of your tone.

Well sure, Vs can be used for metal (Dave Mustaine, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, K.K. Downing, Kerry King, Randy Rhodes ... etc). I'm not so sure about blues but Jimi Hendrix played one too if you would consider it blues...

Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
Last edited by crimson moon at Sep 25, 2008,
Quote by akm_202
are flying V's usually for metal?

im into metal but occasionally i play a bit of improv blues, but the sound mostly comes from the amp right??

currently i own a small practice amp, should i use my current guitar and buy a new amp instead or a new guitar?

Albert King - Blues Power (using a Flying V, like he always did).

The V is a really versatile guitar, it's not as warm as a LP but it certainly works great for a more "pinchy" kind of blues (see the video and you'll get what I'm talking about). Of course, overdriven is when the V shines, I remember trying one out and it really gave its best at medium to high levels of overdrive.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Last edited by Garci at Sep 25, 2008,
So did Lonnie Mack. I like the Gibson Vs (never owned one) I have played. The Epi Korina one is decent for the price.
Quote by crimson moon
I want a V so bad but it is difficult finding a decent left-handed one. Schecter does a left-handed V but it looks odd in my eyes .

same problem here. especially a "metal style" v
i wish bc rich made a v. their v's are beautiful.