http://www.guitarists.net/scales/index.php

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php

I still don't really understand scales. I understand how important they are and how to use them in a song and that I need to learn them and that there is all different types of scales but what I don't understand is where to learn them, how these two websites work, how come if i go to the c major scale it comes up with heaps of it? can someone tell me how to use these websites? I click on what scale it is that I want to learn but on one of the websites it says "Patterns" and "Vertical Patterns, Horizontal (4 notes per string) Horizontal (3 notes per string) Shifted v1 and Shifted v2"? and also on the other website it comes up with heaps in one scale? i don't understand and I'm sick of it so please I'm so determined to learn. please I know that there are lesson on here and on other websites but they just say what a scale is.

also what's with the numbers example: 1,2,b3,4,5,b6,b7?
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Sep 25, 2008,
1,2,b3,4,5,b6,b7 means natural minor scales formula and this mean that you compare those flats to major scale, heres an example

A major scale
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1
A B C# D E F# G# A

And you just flat the third, sixth and seventh and u will end up with
A minor scale
1 2 3b 4 5 6b 7b
A B C D E F G
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by kuchenknut
press the 'get' button

dude either you didn't read my thread properly or I didn't right it out correct but yeah i know lol
First thing - learn the notes on the fretboard

Then read the crusade articles, but don't just read through them - read and understand them. They're full of jumping off points, places where you're going to have to go away and spend some time researching and studying....you could easily spend a week on each one.

You're not going to simply "get" this in a couple of days, it's like learning a language - you start at the beginning, take baby steps and spend a long time learning and studying.

At the heart of it it's all very simple...a scale is a collection of notes separated by a set pattern of intervals, your guitar has notes on it. To find a scale on the guitar you simply look for the notes of that scale on the fretboard...however there's a lot of stuff you need to understand before you get to that point. You need to learn the notes on the fretboard and also learn about intervals before you can properly learn and understand scales.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com