Page 1 of 7
well not a full bible just the new testament. The only thing is I am a big agnostic, and the 'holy' text isn't enough for me to believe. It is probably the most historically inaccurate thing ever written. With that being said, I didn't have a chance to deny the guy handing them out, he was standing in the middle of where I had to walk, so rather than be rude or try to dodge him I took one. My question to you, pit, would be how to get rid of it. I don't want to trash it because I don't want to disrespect it or what it symbolizes, I was thinking about going somewhere and just leaving it on a table, any suggestions?
Give it to a mormon next time they knock on your door.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I was given a pocket bible of sorts yesterday at college. My friend ripped most of it up, I ended up recycling it
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by nebiru
Give it to a mormon next time they knock on your door.

lol, I don't think the mormons are going to come knocking on our dorm doors any time soon, but I do know some mormons so I may throw it at them next time I see them.
If you wanna be a dick you can go to a sikh, muslim, jew, etc and go "Hey! This is a proper religion, learn it bitch!" Then throw it at them
Quote by in2thesun88
The only thing is I am a big agnostic, and the 'holy' text isn't enough for me to believe. It is probably the most historically inaccurate thing ever written.

Yeah the most historically inaccurate thing thats never been proved wrong.....
Roll some doobies with it. You'd be a "Holy Roller"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Read it. It's worth reading. Then use it for toilet paper if it has nice soft pages.
I remember a friend of mine putting a firecracker between a Bible. Huh. Give it to a homeless guy, maybe he'll put it to good use.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Osiris77

lol
Quote by Osiris77

my only problem is that it has never been proved right, no one can even prove that jesus ever existed outside of the bible, and he didnt even have a name until some disciples came up with a name around 400ad or something like that
Quote by Jackal58
Roll some doobies with it. You'd be a "Holy Roller"

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Osiris77

But it's never been proven right either.
That's like me saying that I'm actually Kirby - you can't disprove it, doesn't that mean that by your logic you must believe it?
ebay that ho

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Osiris77

or right
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by Osiris77

This just got messy...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
perhaps you can hold on to it and read it. the bible is one of those books that has defined civilization for quite a while...
Quote by Absent Mind
ebay that ho

I actually thought about that but on the inside cover it says 'not to be sold' so if there is a god he may get pissed about that.
I was also thinking of putting jesus' signature in it and selling that bad boy as if jesus had personally signed it, i mean people say that he has spoken to tham, why can't he sign autographs.
Quote by JackalUK
Swine, I was about to post the lyrics to that

For all the cheese it's a great video. My fav part is Dave Murrays solo in his wellies in a river, that or Bruce in the field with all the pretty flowers
Quote by in2thesun88
my only problem is that it has never been proved right, no one can even prove that jesus ever existed outside of the bible, and he didnt even have a name until some disciples came up with a name around 400ad or something like that

you gave me lolz with this thread. yes they can, and whilst it's pretty innacurate, it's by far not the most innacurate thing written.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
hehe signature is nice, seeing as jesus didn't exist then noone can prove that it isn't his sig. Thats like donald duck signing something. brilliant!

oh yea, and stick a pic of the flying spaghetti monster in it so that the new owner can worship a god that there is as much if not more evidence for
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
you gave me lolz with this thread. yes they can, and whilst it's pretty innacurate, it's by far not the most innacurate thing written.

ACtually in its original language of Aramaic some words dont even transfer to latin, and some latin words dont transfer to english or italian, and in the bible used now a days, a lot of stuff has been completely left out because it would make some things in the bible questionable. So what I meant by inaccurate is, the version I have right now is NOTHING like the original text b/c it has been altered to conform to the church's views.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a religious debate, but what els can you expect from some people in the pit. I was expecting serious answers as well as a couple lulz.
Well, I think you should read it, and then give it away. If you're agnostic then arguably you ought to be informing yourself as much as possible about all religions. I'm an atheist, but it pisses me off when people criticise something they haven't even read. In all other forums of debate they would be ridiculed.
Quote by rigiddigits
Well, I think you should read it, and then give it away. If you're agnostic then arguably you ought to be informing yourself as much as possible about all religions. I'm an atheist, but it pisses me off when people criticise something they haven't even read. In all other forums of debate they would be ridiculed.

Its not like I haven't studied religions in searching for my own, I just know what I don't believe.
Quote by in2thesun88
I actually thought about that but on the inside cover it says 'not to be sold' so if there is a god he may get pissed about that.
I was also thinking of putting jesus' signature in it and selling that bad boy as if jesus had personally signed it, i mean people say that he has spoken to tham, why can't he sign autographs.

you just said if there is a God that he might get annoyed if you sold it since it says not to sell so if your worried that He will get mad then you just admitted to yourself that you're not sure if He exist or not so why not read it and then decide if you want it or not and if you don't then give it to someone who looks like they could use. if it can't change your life then maybe it could for someone else. =)
Quote by in2thesun88

God is in all of us so technically if you signed it 'God' rather than 'Jesus' you could sell it as an authentic autograph. I wonder if that would work with checks....
Quote by in2thesun88
Its not like I haven't studied religions in searching for my own, I just know what I don't believe.
No I know, of course you have. I wasn't having a go at you, it was an 'in general' thing. I like your idea of leaving it in public somewhere for somebody else to pick up.
Quote by uk.mace
But it's never been proven right either.
That's like me saying that I'm actually Kirby - you can't disprove it, doesn't that mean that by your logic you must believe it?

Not really if it really came down to it I could find you and prove your not Kirby....
Use it for wank wipes. When you've finished, tear out a page and use it. The paper's really good for that.
"Jesus is coming, open your mouth!"
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
you just said if there is a God that he might get annoyed if you sold it since it says not to sell so if your worried that He will get mad then you just admitted to yourself that you're not sure if He exist or not so why not read it and then decide if you want it or not and if you don't then give it to someone who looks like they could use. if it can't change your life then maybe it could for someone else. =)

I said I was agnostic, not atheist there is a difference, I leave all possibilities open, but as I said earlier, I know what I don't believe and that isn't going to change unless I see god or jesus first hand or it can be scientifically proven.
Quote by unininium
God is in all of us so technically if you signed it 'God' rather than 'Jesus' you could sell it as an authentic autograph. I wonder if that would work with checks....

he must have an awesome checking account, I'll see next time I go to the bank.
i believe that we are each our own gods; as we are the centre of our own universes, and our ultimate responsibility is to take care of ourselves and survive and fulfil our purposes in life e.g. procreate. Our accountability is to ourselves and our own morals. The greatest thing a person can do is to do what they think is right, you can't ask anything else of anyone.

happiness is a journey, not a place.
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by in2thesun88
ACtually in its original language of Aramaic some words dont even transfer to latin, and some latin words dont transfer to english or italian, and in the bible used now a days, a lot of stuff has been completely left out because it would make some things in the bible questionable. So what I meant by inaccurate is, the version I have right now is NOTHING like the original text b/c it has been altered to conform to the church's views.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a religious debate, but what els can you expect from some people in the pit. I was expecting serious answers as well as a couple lulz.

actually, the NT was written in greek.

but yeah, if you really don't want it, just leave it someplace. someone will pick it up.
Quote by in2thesun88
I said I was agnostic, not atheist there is a difference, I leave all possibilities open, but as I said earlier, I know what I don't believe and that isn't going to change unless I see god or jesus first hand or it can be scientifically proven.

ok that's cool man just leave it somewhere then so that someone else can read it that's probably a more respectable thing to do then to just let it go to waste =)