Which would better suit me:
Epiphone G-310 or the Epiphone Les Paul Studio?

I like to play punk, punk rock, metal and a bit of hardcore.

I will be using the Line 6 Spider III 30 Amp.

If you've had any experience with either, let us know what ya think.
Thanks,
Newtoguitar
Guitars:
-Marquez MD-200 Cutaway Steel String Acoustic
-Some cheap electric guitar
bump, is that allowed?
Guitars:
Think outside the box. Just because Epiphone trace Gibson guitar shapes well doesn't mean they are good guitars. Epiphone + Line6 Spider is the most widely used rig out there Ithink, but it is uninspiring. Go to a guitar shop and actually play some guitars you wouldn't normally pic up instead of being conservatively minded and just playing epiphone copies.
Meddled, thanks for the reply.

I like Epiphones. I've played some before, plus done some research on them. I'm just curious which is better, and if they will sound good on the Line 6.
Guitars:
Why get the G-310 when the G-400 is around the same price as the Les Paul Studio. But yea, try out some other guitars. I heard the Studios are basicly hit or miss
Epi studios are not that good, trust me on that. Maybe you'd like to try out some of these as well:

Epi G-400 ($400)
Epi Flying V ($500)
Fender HSS Strat (Around $400, really versatile guitar)

Overall, the thing is to try and play as many guitars as you possibly can. It's better to play 20 guitars than to buy one out of an impulse and regret it afterwards.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
I suggest the G-400 instead of the G-310. It's loads better.

If you're looking for a cheaper model, try the limited edition 1966 G-400. It has the full pickguard, so it looks like the Gibson SG standard instead of the '61 SG (which the G-400 is supposed to look like) and is actually cheaper than the standard G-400, at least in my country.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Aren't Melody Makers really cheap these days? Like the price of a G-400? They have the real Gibson headstock, and are good for punk etc...
G-400's are pretty expensive in Australia/Adelaide.
Guitars:
The studio is LOADS better than the G-310. I had a G-310, and they don't have the quality that the LP studio and up have. It had a basswood neck, and the jack was constantly loose.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Agile al-3000 ftw!
...or al-2000
imo, better then epiphone's...(with exceptions)
Quote by Meddled
Aren't Melody Makers really cheap these days? Like the price of a G-400? They have the real Gibson headstock, and are good for punk etc...

Musician's Friend have 'em listed at 409$

And the '66 G-400 is the same price as the normal G-400. I'd personally get that anyways. I rather the full size pick guard, and the Heritage Cherry finish is nicer.

The Vintage Series G-400 is cheaper. 299$
I'd reccomend that if you can't afford the others.
Neither. The G-310 is lackluster, even for a beginner's axe, and there are better things than the Studio for the price.

My rig recommendation:

Various Ibanez or Epiphone Firebird Studio (one of the best values there is)
Vox Valvetronix or Roland Cube
Last edited by Flying Couch at Sep 25, 2008,
I like the Line 6 Spider III 30...

Also Musicians Friend is American, so then the price will go up to like $480 or something, then there's postage..

EDIT: Only ships to Canada anyway..
Guitars:
Last edited by Newtoguitar at Sep 26, 2008,
Roland Micro cube, and a G-400.

Loads better than G-310 and a spider III
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by lithium26
I suggest the G-400 instead of the G-310. It's loads better.

If you're looking for a cheaper model, try the limited edition 1966 G-400. It has the full pickguard, so it looks like the Gibson SG standard instead of the '61 SG (which the G-400 is supposed to look like) and is actually cheaper than the standard G-400, at least in my country.

+1

I have the 1966 G-400 and it is a really good cheap guitar.