bought this today, pretty spur of the moment, walked into the shop, went straight to that strat section to see if they sold G&L Legacy's, was in the market for a Strat this summer and wanted to try one of those legacy's out, but i seen this second hand 1986 Jap strat, so a tried it out and i really liked the way it sounded and played, it has a real good set up. so 2 mins later i was walking out of the shop with it!

im pretty sure it was a decent price for it €295. im thinking about spraying it a different colour and putting Texas specials and a brass or roller bearing nut in it.

what yous think?

a nice project guitar at least
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Very nice! Congratulations!

I'd leave the colour etc. as it is! That colour of strat is awesome - especially with the maple neck! Definately a new nut and pickups though

Wish I could find one like that :P
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
yeh thats what sold me on it, i really love the old look to it, funny enough it was amongst the relics and i was like, damn thats a pretty realistic relic! then i realized
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
the fretboard looks like it's in good condition. nice score on that.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I wouldn't change anything on it. Are you sure it's an 86? I don't remember any Strats like that in 1986 and the neck plate looks odd but maybe it's something they didn't sell in the US of A.

Looks good
Great man, my dad has one from around the same time. They play like dreams! I'd get some Bareknuckle pickups, they're the best!

Keep the colour, I'd kill for a guitar that looked like that!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
sounds like a good deal to me, as long as all those scratches/dents are superficial.

japanese fenders (and gibson and fender copies) generally are badass, especially the older ones. great score.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Awesome relic. Some people kick their guitar around their garden to get that look!!!
cheers guys, only one thing though, the guitar didnt come with a whammy bar and none of the ones in the store would fit! so if anyone knows what type of bar i have to get for it could they let me know! i suppose il have to order a japanese fender whammy bar presuming thats the difference
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
Tremolo bars are surprisingly hard to get here! Mine didn't come with one either lol

Online is probably the best bet - Japanese is the same as the other Fender's. Just the cheaper strat copies and Squier's don't fit.
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
tell me about it man, what can we get over here
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
Japanese not "Jap". Thats an ignorant term. Nice guitar though.
Epiphone G-400 Goth (I love it so much!)
Digitech RP 80 Modeling Guitar Processor
Viper Amp (Getting new one soon.)
Jay Turser Strat (Worst guitar ever made.)

"Different strokes for different folks."
LEAVE THE COLOUR!!!

Put on a black pickguard and you'll have one darn nice looking strat!

If you want another colour, buy a new body and sell that one to me!
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!