Not getting the metal tone i want on my rig thats in the signature,
Im using the blackstar pedal. Do you think it will be better when i get my new schecter guitar or will it still be fizzy with a not tight low end?, Could a speaker swap improve things, like a vintage 30? And maybe i could get a seymour duncan twin tube mayhem instead of using the blackstar pedal?
Im getting a isp decimator also to clean up(from noise) the tone.

Do i really need to get a new amp to get a good metal tone like some people have said before? If thats the only way what amp would you recomend that sounds good at apartment levels?

Im working on the seas for 1 month more, so wont be able to test anything out in a while..
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

I'm getting great metal tones with my POD XT Live through a 5 watt valve junior. Amp modeling is pretty good through this thing.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
You won't get a good metal tone from 5 watts...
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I think the pedal is your problem. New amp is best if you have an allowing budget.
been thinking of a engl fireball or engl blackmore, but its pretty expensive.. but it may be worth it? Instead of spending loads on stuff that dont make a difference. Would those amps handle acdc and gunsnroses aswell?
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

black more is more classically voiced than the other engls. But engls are bright but maybe check out an orange rocker, would be better for those bands, then buy a pre amp such as the twin tone mayhem for uber brootalz metal sound
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
The reason your low-end is loose sounding is because...well... you're using a 5W amp.

The reason most metal amps are higher wattage is so you don't get too much power tube saturation when you turn it up, which in turn makes your low-end sound flubby. Having a 5W amp and turning it up loud isn't going to produce very good metal tones, not to mention the amp itself just isn't voiced for it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^right on the money listen to thsit guy, right on point with the wattage thing.
id say just
Quote by Goldenglove
A nice EQ (think MXR 10-band) should be good for what you want.

This won't help much.

The Little Giant won't overdrive enough to get metal tones on it's own. You would need a good distortion. It can be done, despite what people are saying. If you don't believe me, check youtube. The Metal Muff is supposed to be good. I used a MI Audio Crunch Box.

Having said that, if you ever want good metal tones at band level volume, you will need a higher wattage amp. But a little giant + a good pedal = good practise metal tones.
Quote by MatrixClaw
The reason your low-end is loose sounding is because...well... you're using a 5W amp.

The reason most metal amps are higher wattage is so you don't get too much power tube saturation when you turn it up, which in turn makes your low-end sound flubby. Having a 5W amp and turning it up loud isn't going to produce very good metal tones, not to mention the amp itself just isn't voiced for it.

This is for when i use none of the amps natural distortion?, if only use the dist i get from a pedal , its still like that? I have changed tubes in my amp, and will get v30 speakers soon, is it still not voiced at all for metal? What is it that make it voiced for whatever its voiced for? :P

Getting a high end metal pedal like, seymour duncan twin tube mayhem or zvex box of metal, would that still be bad?

the pedal i use now isnt made for metal

would a 100w clean amp with a box of metal pedal sound alot better than 5w clean amp?